Pole and rod ideas

robwigan

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong section I am looking for advice on a pole and feeder rod.

I currently have a cheap 50.00 white knuckle pole and a seatbox I got used together and want to upgrade. I always prefer margin fishing on a pole and have never used a rod!

I need some help in picking a good strong pole with more than one top kit so I can set up one for lumps and one for smaller fish, but I also want to get fishing on a rod and reel that won’t cost too much! I’m being a bit vague as I only recently came back to fishing after spending all my teens pole fishing and haven’t got a clue what I’m looking at!

I can afford to spend a bit but not 1000s

Dusty

Site Supporter
Hello mate,

Is it just a margin pole you want then or is it something bigger such as a 13m pole?

Is it a float rod or feeder rod you are after?

A bit more info on your exact budget might be helpful as well 👍

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Have a look in the Classifieds/For Sale section. Some very good stuff in there for not much money and if you decide a rod isn't for you, then you can just sell it on.

robwigan

Hello mate,

Is it just a margin pole you want then or is it something bigger such as a 13m pole?

Is it a float rod or feeder rod you are after?

A bit more info on your exact budget might be helpful as well 👍

I could spend 300/400 max

I think a tip rod and in terms of pole I’m not sure just something strong and good in the margins, I seen a lot of hype on beast masters but I can’t find them any where and wondered what other poles are as good

Dusty

Site Supporter
I could spend 300/400 max

I think a tip rod and in terms of pole I’m not sure just something strong and good in the margins, I seen a lot of hype on beast masters but I can’t find them any where and wondered what other poles are as good

Id have a look at the Preston edge monster,£150 and supplied with 2 top kits.

Would then leave you with a good £150 to spend on a rod, reel and terminal tackle for feeder fishing.

A nice 10’ feeder rod is a good tool if you are only fishing small commercials. The Daiwa Ninja reels get a lot of praise on here for a more budget reel.

I use the Daiwa D carp feeder in 9’ length with a 3000 reel and have had fish over 15lb on it using the method feeder.

If you went for the above you would still have change to spare for elastic, terminal tackle etc.

robwigan

Id have a look at the Preston edge monster,£150 and supplied with 2 top kits.

Would then leave you with a good £150 to spend on a rod, reel and terminal tackle for feeder fishing.

A nice 10’ feeder rod is a good tool if you are only fishing small commercials. The Daiwa Ninja reels get a lot of praise on here for a more budget reel.

I use the Daiwa D carp feeder in 9’ length with a 3000 reel and have had fish over 15lb on it using the method feeder.

If you went for the above you would still have change to spare for elastic, terminal tackle etc.

cheers mate is that pole a good one then for that money ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
For £150 for a feeder combo I’d probably look at the daiwa ninja range although with the current discounts you may able to get a cadence set up which on the rod front at least would be a bit better. I’d probably go with 10 or 11 foot rod and 3000-4000 sized reel.

Dont know my @rse from my elbow with poles other than that your money doesn’t go half as far as it does with rods and reels lol

Dusty

Site Supporter
cheers mate is that pole a good one then for that money ?

Ive heard nothing but good things about them for the price but don’t have one myself. For the budget you have you will have to accept that there will be negatives to any of the poles you choose.

robwigan

Ive heard nothing but good things about them for the price but don’t have one myself. For the budget you have you will have to accept that there will be negatives to any of the poles you choose.
I know that there’s no doubt a difference between 150 and 2k poles!!