pole advise please

Status
Not open for further replies.

manta

hello all, have just joined this forum and hope to be accepted with this intro. as i am quite a serious match angler at club level, over the years i have had a few poles, tri cast xrs for big fish work, shimano diaflash for all round fishing, and my present pole, tri cast aztech 14 1/2m which is now discontinued. i now want to upgrade and am waiting to see the diawa 410 16m or the diawa spectrum 16m, i have already held the garbolino superleague 16m and was very impressed, a mate is recommending the tri cast excellence. my main question is does anyone here know of any better pole than these mentioned at around the same price or have i mentioned the best already? any advice will be greatly appreciated. manta.[:)]

MALC

MANTA

Personally can't help with the pole's you mention but i've heard good things about the 410 from a few people that i know have them.

Also the Trabucco SC Carp 1 is a hell of a pole for the money.

But at the end of the day each of us look for something different in a pole and what suits 1 proberly would not suit another.

Best of luck with which ever one you choose.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

manta

thanks for reply malc, yes you are correct, its a bit of a jungle with the pole market and it comes down to personal choice in the end. i just wonder if the pole makers have reached there limit with carbon fibre, i notice that the diawa 410 weighs in at about 1360gms at 16m, the 710 is only 100gms less and costs 3x the price. still i will keep searching round. all the best and tight lines.[:)]

scoobs11

i'v got a daiwa 811 and its great

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

dazb

manta

have a GOOD look at the tarbucco SC1 i'v had one for about 2 month
and love it. It's a good all rounder takes 20 laggy and is well balenced aswell as very riged + has a very nice extras pacage ( 2x carp top 2's, 1 power top 4 , cupping kit + cup's and a very well made rod holdall[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]. as well as all that the 16 m pole is made up of paralell but sections from 13m so you can take the pole to what ever size you want.

dazb

Last edited:

manta

forgot to mention scoobs11,[:I] i am also seriously looking at some of the diawa models..[;)]

martin.

Account Locked
hi manta
welcome to the mad MDs.
my personal preference is for diawa poles i have the matchwinner S
the 111 & the 221 my daughter sammy also has the 111 & 221
we are very happy with these

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

manta

hello martin, i am having a close look at the spectron or the whisper, a bit on the expensive side though, the spectron is very light & well balanced @ 16m, don't know too much about the whisper except its meant to be identical in structure & 500 quid cheaper. my only concern is, although they supply power tops for these poles, the wall thickness does seem a little inadequate especially for carping.
tight lines.[:)]

Rcauser

if i was you i would won't buyu any of the poles which you have stated. If i was buying a new pole i would be looking and the SC 1 carp very serious due to how much my freinds as impressed me and what has been said about it. (i work in a tackle shop) Also if the don't decide on the SC 1 carp i would being looking at the maver h 31 for example. This is a excellent pole for the money.

scouse

'River Man'
hi manta
look no further
than the lerc cm 90
brill pole
cost about1500 if you look around[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

kev coke

Manta what type of fishing are you going to be using it for mainly ?
How often you going to fish 16 meters ?
How much you going to spend ?

manta

[:D]thanks for all replies about which pole to upgrade to, i ended up buying the diawa spectron with a couple of extra match tops[:)], the pole is quite expensive but the match tops are a reasonable 60 for top 3's, the pole itself is excellent @ 16m with match top & light elastic, but can become unbalanced @ 16m with carp tops. i first used the pole on the sankey st helens canal in sankey valley park, this turned out to be a nightmare as i drew near to the ice cream van where the cycle track comes close to the canal[:0], this day was warm & sunny[8D] with the park very busy, to my horror i found a crack in the 6th section caused by 'scarring' in the carbon weave[:0], you could only see this in direct sunlight & was confirmed to be a crack when slight pressure was applied, as you can probably guess, by now i was a nervous wreck.[V]. the section was replaced the next day without question by the shop that i bought it from. the wall thickness on this pole is a little on the weak side which tells me it is only meant for match carp fishing. kev coke, i hope this answers your question, you definitely need 16m to fish the sankey canal, this pole is perfect for bit bashing, but maybe not for large powerful fish near to snags etc, this is where the trabuco model would come into it's own[^], thanks again, manta..

Status
Not open for further replies.