Polaroids

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlythMags

Can anyone offer some advice on polaroid glasses?

I currently need prescription glasses for distance so is it best to buy prescription polaroids or are there any goggles on the market that can be used over normal specs?

Are there any polaroid flips that can be attached to normal specs?

Thanks

Alan

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
Hi Alan

Try typing the following into altavista.co.uk:
+"clip-on" +sunglasses +polar*
You get loads of hits - plenty of clip-ons available. Presumably you would prefer to try them on though. I seem to remember seeing some clip-on shades in the Opticians part of Asda, though these may not be polarising. Might be worth popping into your local opticians to see what they have.

Being an occasional speccy four-eyes like yourself, I got a "free second pair of shades" deal from specsavers when I bought my current glasses. It's a deal they offer now and again. I paid the extra and got them upgraded to polarising. I'm very pleased with them.

Sometime in the past fortnight I have seen an ad in one of the fishing mags for anglers prescription glasses. These looked like the sort of thing biggles would wear!, but polarised. They fitted snugly to your face and I would imagine they would be great for the job. I'll check out the mags this weekend and post some info if you are interested.

Best of luck in finding something suitable.

Jason

scales

Vinny
Hello Alan the Ad Jason saw is for optilabs at www.optilabs.com I bought a pair of Domino polariods with my prescription lenses fitted and they are great for fishing infact would'nt be without them now.

cheers,

Scales,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
Popped into Asda on my way home.
Polarised clip-ons, 11.50 to you sir. They don't look like
flip-up ones though.
Can't say I like the clip-ons myself, much prefer a seperate
pair.

TINY

Tiny
Your optician should be able to make polarised lenses that get darker as the day gets brighter.Mine did.

Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.