Polaris Floats

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryNetNick

I've just watched a video on using Polaris floats with a feeder and it looks like a good method to use (on it's day).

Having never tried it before, I'm just wondering if it's any better than just relying on the tip wrapping round? Anyone use this method much and had any success?

Last edited:

mrhaze

i bought some a few weeks back - 6 assorted wagglers for depths of 3ft to 20ft for 8!!! good ol' ebay :D

i've used the 8-15ft version on a couple of occassions recently in conjunction with a drennan 3/4oz black cap feeder.

takes some getting used to so that the float climbs up the line and sets correctly, but once you've got it sussed they're great. with it locked on the line you can gently wind the tip down as much as you like to give the sensitivity you need.

brilliant they are.

micklen

I would go along with mrhaze all the way here

They are great bits of kit
Cast them out leaving the line slack
Rod on the rest allowing the float to surface
Tighten line until float sinks to height you require
Wait for float to disappear
Also available in many sizes from tiny canal jobbie to huge distance ones
Brilliant [:D][:D][:D]

Mick

Thom

dont like them one bit, i reckon theyre to be used by people who cant fish the tip properly.

jonnylew

Originally posted by metalforever

dont like them one bit, i reckon theyre to be used by people who cant fish the tip properly.

Nah, line clips are for people who can't fish the tip properly ;-)

cess monkey

Once you hae mastered them they are much quicker than the "tip" because you dont need to sink so much line.

mrhaze

they are more sensitive than using the tip if you use it right...

Thom

Originally posted by cess monkey

Once you hae mastered them they are much quicker than the "tip" because you dont need to sink so much line.

Not trying to be funny or whatever but why not just degrease your line? sinks like a brick then[:D]

one other question.

what rod do people use to fish a polaris? feeder or float[:I]

mrhaze

feeder

as the polaris is a float ledgering device....not really a true float fishing float...argh that reads back all wrong..but hopefully it makes sense :)

bit on the fragile side of things is the only grumble i've heard about them...oh that and the fact that if there's loads of pollen on the lake and it gets on your line it can jam the sliding mechanism up...you dont normally work that out until you cast out your rig and then the float fails to surface...a tad annoying to say the least!!

Status
Not open for further replies.