Polaris floats

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlythMags

I'm looking at fishing one of our local waters for Tench and Bream and it's quite deep in the middle - about 14 foot.

I've just ordered a couple of polaris leger floats off the net to add an additional option to fishing this, rather than simply feeder / leger and these are supposed to take the hassle out of using a slider and stopknot.

Can anyone tell me what they are like (a bit late if they are carp, I know but it hasn't cost me much)?

Thanks

Alan

Ian White

Big E
Hi Alan
I had a couple and i got on very well using them but you will take a bit of time to get use to them
I found that bites were very easy to detect.
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
you mean if they are rubbish not carp.....LOL.. can`t help only used on once in ireland. Didn`t know how to use it. It must have been broke. 3 hours and never went under so gave up...LOL....Haydn

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

BlythMags

Oops - yes I mean't rubbish!

So - the great Haydn Borthwick couldn't figure out how to use a polaris float, eh?

What chance has humble old me got, then?

Nice trophy, by the way!

Thanks, Ian - I'm pleased you mentioned the bites were easy to detect. I wasn't sure whether that would be the case or not!.

angler-mark

Hi Alan,
I've used them at Drayton and they are really good, I use round bullet leads with mine (1oz or 2ozs) and never had a problem with bite detection and are easier than using a slider for me.

Tight Lines

Mark

scales

Vinny
Hello Alan, Just stick with it and keep practising they are a brill way of fishing.

cheers,

Scales,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

Status
Not open for further replies.