Polaris Floats part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevieb

Shakin
Site Supporter
I have just read with interest the post about polaris floats....I also have tried them and couldn't really get on with them, But I am never really quite sure what rod to use with them!!! do I need a good through actioned float rod or a heavy feeder rod???? be interested if anyone can shed any light as I wouldn't mind giving it another go... cheers

Steve

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
You can use any rod with them, well i do anyway.

The main thing to remember about polaris floats is they are designed to be used on deeper water, i've seen some people using them on waters less than 4ft deep & thats when you don't get the float to work properly.

They have brought out some new ones that are speciffically designed for shallow waters so check the float before buying it to make sure its the right one for the water you plan on fishing.

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

everyready

what i found was ,useing too small weight would drag everything back to shore when trying to set the float down

Steve M

Site Supporter
I have used Polaris floats on & off for 2/3 years. I have always used them when I would otherwise have used a feeder (sometimes its good just to look at a float.)As a result I have always used a feeder rod,Polaris float and feeder.Once you get used to the way they cast and how to get the float set in the water,they can give very positive indications, even when fishing at distance.It is best to use a heavy enough feeder to cast and work the float properly and generally it is best to use them in swims over 8-10 feet deep.
Cheers

stevieb

Shakin
Site Supporter
Thanks for the advice lads... but does anyone feel that they caught better having used a polaris as oppose to fishing a normal feeder
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.