Plumbing Insurance

stikflote

Site Supporter
HI,
i ve just my insurance bill for first quarter of year of £79 50p im with Home serve
this just covers the Plumbing ,so its £318 for the year

im not really on top of things for insurance ,so im wondering whether if i can do better
advice please keith

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
HI,
i ve just my insurance bill for first quarter of year of £79 50p im with Home serve
this just covers the Plumbing ,so its £318 for the year

im not really on top of things for insurance ,so im wondering whether if i can do better
advice please keith

Doesn’t your house insurance cover it? Home serve is a bit of a scam, they offer you cover for a tenner for a year, then they fleece you if you don’t cancel. If you cancel it they keep offering it at a tenner again for a year. I had it for a year for a tenner, cancelled at the end of it (2016) and still get a letter every month asking me to take it out again.

Chervil

Site Supporter
We have been with British Gas for years. I'm certain others will not like them, but we have always found them really good (apart from one incident, where their Dyno Rod plumber wanted to dismantle something, which even I could see didn't need taking apart. Luckily I was in when they called).

With our new boiler we are paying about £250 a year, which includes:
  • Annual boiler service 2
  • Boiler and controls
  • Central heating
  • Plumbing
  • Drains
  • Home electrics

You can get a combination of cover, their plumbing one, it says comes in at £30 a year.
  • Repairs to the plumbing system in your home and outbuildings and the water supply pipe within the boundary of your property
  • Unblocking and repairing your drains and waste pipes to restore flow
  • Accidental damage

RMNDIL

Site Supporter
I have my plumbing and pipes as well as other things covered by British gas for.....£3 per month... as part of my energy bill

With another house and Direct Line the whole house insurance and emergency call-out (used it once for blocked drains, brilliant service, same day, no hassle) cover etc is £240 per year

stikflote

Site Supporter
If a tile falls off roof or roof blows off, it will not be covered normal building and contents insurance

stikflote

Site Supporter
British gas want £330 for house and contents plus £192 for boiler and central heating
So looking at £522
and that wont cover three motobikes in cabin

stikflote

Site Supporter
A couple of people i know who own their house only have a pension
they cant afford house insurance ,And everything going to go up in price thousands
of people will Not be able to buy house insurance

stikflote

Site Supporter
@RMNDIL
my Wife would not have house insurance ,she said it a con we pay all that money
year on year and never make a claim

stikflote

Site Supporter
'
@NoCarpPlease we did have house insurance for about two years
and the flashing lead between my and next started leaking,the rain was coming inside the bed room
so we put a claim to be told no your roof is not covered i had to pay out a fair bit for that wife no more