Pleasure session for Carp at Tunnel Barn - which pool ??

byngo1

HI folks, I haven't been to tunnel barn for years (had about an 8 year break from fishing) but getting back into it now. I'm no match man but quite competent at fishing the pole or pellet / method feeder and fancy a visit to TB at the weekend. Trouble is, I'm not sure I would get the F1 fishing right and fear I would actually get bored of the 1 - 2 lb fish one after the other if I did.
So, my ideal kind of day's fishing is to have ended up catching a good stamp of "proper" Carp in that 3lb to 10lb bracket rather than a bag of F1 or Silvers but I'm no specimen carp hunter either. Which pool would you aim for and what would you do please?

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
Chefster is the one to ask, but in my opinion I would head for bottom pool. Some good carp in there and you're more or less guaranteed to catch. Some nice big silvers as well, I've caught plenty of 3lb+ bream from bottom pool but chefster will put you right.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
@muggins has put you right , Bottom pool best, for what you’re looking for, apart from that probably Club is the other pool with most carp,you’re still gonna catch F1,s where ever you go...bit pointless using a feeder, unless it’s too windy, for the poles...and what’s boring about catching 2lb F1,s, or 2-3lb bream ?‍♂️?‍♂️

byngo1

@muggins has put you right , Bottom pool best, for what you’re looking for, apart from that probably Club is the other pool with most carp,you’re still gonna catch F1,s where ever you go...bit pointless using a feeder, unless it’s too windy, for the poles...and what’s boring about catching 2lb F1,s, or 2-3lb bream ?‍♂️?‍♂️
Thanks all for the quick replies. You make a good point Chefster, I don't mind a nice mixed bag TBH including F1's but I was worried that in order to be catching a few fish, I'd have to be targeting the F1's which at many venues can be hard work for someone who's not finely honed on catching them. But then, if i was chasing 200lb of fish for a match, It would be hard work any maybe a little too robotic then.
Any tips on what works well for the carp then?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Pole with pellets, or meat or corn on bottom pool ...pellets or maggots/groundbait on club ...edges on bottom for carp .....Across, and edges for carp on club ... bottom pool you will catch carp, F1,s, bream .....club pool carp and F1,s ......depths are 3-5 ft on both pools

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Thanks for that, does the tackle shop still sell maggots on the weekend?
yes mate, if you’re they’re on a weekend, bottom pool will probably be your best option, as theyll, probably be matches on club ??