Pleased as punch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrington

Just come back from a morning at a local commercial, only the 4th time been fishing since starting up again from 30 years, caught my usual 3 or 4 small stuff plus my first common @ just over 7 ib. Took me 15 mins to land it and thought that it must get unhooked at some stage, but kept at it and just as I thought I had got it into the net it dived under the platform I was on lol, still landed it in the end pleased to say. Obviously still got a lot to learn re landing etc but the smile is still right across the face[:D][:D]

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Nice going!![:T]Welcome back to fishing.[:W]
Were you pole fishing or rod, baits, depth, name of fishery etc..??
More details please.
We like to know these things. [:D][:W]

Barrington

Originally posted by Brian the Fish

Nice going!![:T]Welcome back to fishing.[:W]
Were you pole fishing or rod, baits, depth, name of fishery etc..??
More details please.
We like to know these things. [:D][:W]

Oops sorry[:T] Rod float/fishing at around 3ft, had put a hair rig on (at least I think it was a hair[;)] and was on sweetcorn, I thought would put a corn both on the hair and also one on the hook, using size 12,cast in and was taken on the drop, took me completly by surprise and to be honest sure the fish hooked itself on (thank you fish[:W])fishery was greenwoods A49 near to M56, think most local and maybe not so local folk will know it.

pole addict

Nice one Barrington.
Thats what fishing's all about mate. [:T]

I'm glad you've got the bug again. [:D]

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Thanks Barrington, if we can't get fishing it's great to read how someone else is doing, good or bad.
Keep smiling. [:D][:D]

ClumsyBeginner

Well well, i never thought of baiting the hook and the hair...

Does anyone else do this? and does it work out? Or does the hiar just get in the way if a fish goes for the hooked bait?

And well done mate, keep it up! Sounds like youre learning pretty quick! :D

Barrington

Originally posted by ClumsyBeginner

Well well, i never thought of baiting the hook and the hair...

Does anyone else do this? and does it work out? Or does the hiar just get in the way if a fish goes for the hooked bait?

And well done mate, keep it up! Sounds like youre learning pretty quick! :D

It was just a silly thing I tried putting bait on both, obviously worked by accident this time but think maybe i won't be repeating the excercise too quickly.

ClumsyBeginner

I guess itd be an idea for a venue like my local park... could hair a peice of corn for tench/carp and maggot on the hook for the usuall stuff.

Somethings putting me off though, could just be the fact that the corn would prevent the hook getting a good hold i guess :/

Well done for experimenting though! We wouldnt learn anything new otherwise!

perchlover

I often use bait on the hook and the hair. Especially with sweetcorn, as it sometimes falls off, gets taken etc etc.

geordiegasman

Fishing meat and catching i tend to stick meat on a quickstop for extra security. Then on my hook bait stick either 1 or 2 pieces of corn, depending on how many bites im getting.

that way if the meat goes the corns there or the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.