Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All

Any non members of the Sea Anglers Conservation Network (SACN) will not have recieved the following mail from Leon Roskilly (Founder of the SACN)

Hi,

I thought that you might want to see this.

After seeing the programme, I suggest that you write to both you MP and MEP,
and both Elliot Morley, the UK Fisheries Minister, and Franz Fischler the EU commissioner responsible.

(you'll find links on the SACN website)

Regards, Leon Roskilly
Sea Anglers' Conservation Network (SACN)

Country File are screening a special program, devoted to this issue (BBC 1 Sunday 11.30am) .

I would urge you to watch, or set your videos, and to encourage your friends, neighbours and work colleagues to also tune in.
The more people who are aware of this obscenity, the more pressure can be brought to bear to end the carnage.

I'm quite sure Leon won't mind me cutting n pasting his mail on here.

The SACN homepage can be found here

Oh i also forgot to mention that membership of the SACN is FREE so please join up while you're having a look at Leons pages

Alan

Datafile3.gif
There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Last edited:

Lid

Hi Trogg

Can you give us a clue as to what the program is about please?

Lid [:)]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
OOPS

Yeah sorry Lid [:eek:]

Its about a thing they call "by catching" IE the catching of dolphins & porpoises in nets used by "twinning" trawlers fishing our waters for our fish which was sold to them buy our government (in case you haven't realised i'm not happy about the MP's selling the uks fishing waters off to countries like spain etc).

Alan

Lid

I totally agree about the disgusting sell off our fishing rights to the rest of Europe.

I saw a program on this recently and it seems it was almost entirely the fault of Edward Heath and in his quest to join the Common Market. I won't elaborate here, but I will try and find a link to some proper info on this subject later this weekend.

Lid [:)]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Its the same now though mate, our goverment has payed something like ten million out to a poorer country so they can join in with europe.

seems to me the 2 world wars were a waste of time as europe is telling us what to do anyway.

Alan

G

Now then Alan, been on the link mate,another member for the ranks,

Member 0371,[:D][:D][:D]

catch me if u can
Andy,

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
cheers Andy, you've just joined the ranks of the elite.

Zippy joined up as soon as i gave him the link (that seems like yearsssssssss ago), like he said if you can't actually be there to help you can at least add your name to help swell the ranks.

Alan

G

Alan as you know mate i do a bit of sea fishing,been doing it for the 30 odd years.

Here in Sunderland we have had a protest going for about 3 years,
CASS,,,,CAMPAIGN AGAINS SEWERAGE AT SEA

Its a bit of a story mate, but i sent Leon e-mail last night, telling him the basics of it.

Any poster etc concerning the SACN will gladly be put up in the tackle shop mate. Very gladly.

catch me if u can
Andy,

Last edited:

angler-mark

Just applied to swell the numbers [:)][:)][:)]

Tight Lines

Mark

Last edited:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good for you lads, hell i'm a member & to be honest i don' think you can be further from the sea than Stafford is [:D]

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.