Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ok I'm a moderator & i'm asking you all to go take a look at another site because i think its important

Please read all of this thread because it will affect us all in the long run

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fbarbelfishingworldmessages.showMessage?topicID=1280.topic

If you contact the people involved remeber to tell them where you saw it icon_smile_big.gif

Alan
You've just been moderated

Edited by - Trogg on 14 January 2002 10:56:16 AM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Alan,

just a quicky, what is the "open to all" rivers campaign,?

icon_smile.gif Dave

Carp Angler

Didn't you read the thread Dave?

I think what they are striving to achieve is all fishing remains within clubs and the clubs all have open membership.
As is the majority of cases at the moment.
The main concern that because of the Adams Mill episode, clubs may not want the 'circus' arriving on their waters, so may restict membership to a 30 mile radius (an example) and thus most peoples fishing would go out the window.

All fishing on the lower Severn restricted to people living within a 15 mile radius of Worcester.

All fishing on the Trent restricted to people living within a 10 mile radius of Gainsborough.

All fishing on the Hants Avon restricted to people living within a 10 mile radius of Ringwood.

It makes scary reading but clubs may implement this to protect their fishing rights.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Smack on Rik

After the kickles farm/ Adams mill affair a lot of clubs & people are begining to worry about their rights on rivers being "sold" to private syndicates.

I have fished the river Sow all my life (it was the first water i ever fished on my own without any adults with me) but a lot of us are now worried thanks to Tony Keeling mentioning the big barbel that live in some of the stretches just outside town.

I know of two places where big river carp live (never had one of the big uns but i've had a 12lber from one of the stretches) there are a lot of decent fish inthe Sow but it became on of the "forgotten" rivers for a long time, now its getting busy again which i'm not complaining about because iot shows there are more anglers now.

I was offered the chance to go barbel fishing at kickles but all the hassles started & i never wenticon_smile_sad.gif
The anglers on BFW have offered to take me barbel fishing many times after i revealed why its so important to me to get a barbel on the bank, i won't go into that here but it'll mean a lot to me the day i get one.

Back to the thread trogg

The thing i like the most about this rivers campaign is the simple fact that its showing unity amongst anglers.

Rik no offence but you are primarily a carp angler (hence the name) but you understand what the campaign is about.

there are people who only ever fish still waters but they have given their support to the campaign & thats what is important even though they don't fish rivers they know the importantce of this campaign.

To be honest it doesn't matter whether you're a carp angler, barbel angler, game angler, match angler, still water angler or sea angler we have got to show unity on this & prove to people that we CAN pull together when its needed & our sport is under threat.

Lets give our support to the people who in a way are fighting for all our anglers rights to fish

Alan

Edited by - Trogg on 14 January 2002 11:31:27 AM

Alan Roe

Trogg I think that you will find that Rik spends more time fishing rivers and in particular the Severn than most !!icon_smile.gif

Cheers
Alan

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Rik,

I could only just see the monitor at 5.30 this morning let alone read anything on it lol icon_smile_big.gif

The thought of only being able to fish locally scare the life out of me as one of the things I do enjoy is travelling to wierd and wonderful new places

(Stafford - wierd, Yateley - wonderful icon_smile_big.gif ) Only kidding

Seriously though, should restrictions be put into place it will have a far reaching impact.

Dave

waxlion1

Hi Trogg

I feel this would be totaly unfair to fishermen who need to travel any distance (as I do) to fish a river.

Waxlion1

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Trogg,
Have just mailed Ray.
Had to be done.
Peter.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Larry

Lazarus
HI Trogg just mailed Ray he needs all our support

Cheer's Larry

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
Trogg I think that you will find that Rik spends more time fishing rivers and in particular the Severn than most !!icon_smile.gif

Cheers
Alan

Mr fish eggs

if it seemed that my post was suggesting that Rik only fished still waters then i apologise it wasn't meant to read that way.

I know Rik has this thing about fishing a little brook called the Stour or summat like that & i know he takes great pride in all the minnows he catches with his little net.

You see Rik don't scare me (well not while he's in the forest n i'm in my house anyway) icon_smile_big.gif

I was trying (poorly by the looks of it) to show how the campaign relates to all aspects of fishing & not just to rivers.

Now get orf my siteicon_smile_tongue.gif

As for the rest of you i will just say thanks for showing your supporticon_smile.gif

Alan

Edited by - Trogg on 14 January 2002 10:15:02 PM

Carp Angler

There I am explaining the topic and supporting it and the cheeky sods on BFW are accusing me of
a) being someone else
b) slating the idea

Trogg,
thanks for your support mate,
now back to BFW to find some meat rolling, 50's throw-back who needs educating in the intricacies of 5oz leads and hair rigs :)

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
icon_smile_approve.gif
Hi al,
Been there , dun that,
I'm in,
cya Trev
icon_smile_wink.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trogg,

quote:Now get orf my site icon_smile_tongue.gif

How many times must you be told about being rude to our guests??

You forgot to say "please" icon_smile_big.gif

Dave

Alan Roe

Rik
Though I don't post on BFW much (To many pillocks squabbling for me)I can tell you that they did have a young lad on the site for a while who was a real pain in the backside and singularly infantile who used the same nickname that you have which will account for your hostile reception!

Dont forget to educate the poor souls into the advantages of baitrunners and bite alarms as wellicon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Oi!!! Trogg!! Behave or me 'n'Rik will descend on you for breakfasticon_smile_tongue.gificon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_big.gif
Cheers
Alan

Cheers
Alan

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Someone asked me a few years ago what would be the worst thing that could happen to me.

I told them losing my hands because i wouldn't be able to do the things i love like working on cars, fishing, having fun with my kids & the likes.

I have now realised the worst thing that could happen to me is

having Mr fisheggs & the rubbish angler descend on my abode for breakfasticon_smile_shock.gificon_smile_shock.gificon_smile_wink.gif
(i hate it when i get ganged up on)
Hang on a min I'm the mod on this site old fisheggs not you!!THE CHEEK OF IT
Now get orf my siteplease
Alan

Edited by - Trogg on 16 January 2002 10:49:09 AM

Alan Roe

Hey Rick that sounds to me like an invitation to breakfast......and Lunch..
Trouble is Trogg being a midlander youve no chance with me coming down from the North and Rick coming up from the south!!!!icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Cheers
Alan

Edited by - Alan Roe on 16 January 2002 3:17:01 PM

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
The question Alan is 'are you partial to the local delicacy that is part of the North Staffs traditional breakfast' I refer to that great delicacy the north staffs oatcake. John

chill out go fishing

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Heres Troggs original post returned.
Anyone else in to support these guys?
I was one of 307 people who agreed to support them, by sending my 3.00, yes just 3.00 to get them underway!
I was not one of the 13 people who actually sent the money!!!!!
Apathy rules OK, and to be honest, I received the form and cant even find it on my download file!
Most of the other forums are now moving and Alan did highlight this for us. If you read the aims, you will be hard pressed to argue with the guys who are prepared to devote time to fighting for these aims, so lets see if we can get them started.

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Edited by - Ziptrev on 19 February 2002 03:07:06 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.