plating kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gaffer

anyone used any of the plating kits like you see on ebay and other sites,wondering whether they are any good or best to send stuff away for coatings.

the gaffer

like this for instance http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ultimate-Zinc-plating-Kit-Electroplating-car-bike-/250657114438?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a5c540946

Muckin_Fuppet

Account Locked
Personally I'd get a plating company to do it, rather than wish you had. Am in the engineering game and pay 35 minimum charge to have something zinc or electroless nickel plated, never had any problems to date with it peeling etc.

Pity you're so far away as if it was only a few bits you wanted doing I'd have bunged them in with some of my stuff.

the gaffer

Originally posted by Muckin_Fuppet

Personally I'd get a plating company to do it, rather than wish you had. Am in the engineering game and pay 35 minimum charge to have something zinc or electroless nickel plated, never had any problems to date with it peeling etc.

Pity you're so far away as if it was only a few bits you wanted doing I'd have bunged them in with some of my stuff.

thanks for that mate, ive had a word with a chap local who does metalwork and he often gets stuff plated,as in fancy garden stuff he does for gazebos etc,he can get me bits done on the cheap as hes a long standing customer with a company,for what i want done,including a whole motorbike frame,it will cost me 25 quid.thats a result as i was expecting around 60-70 for just the small bits

Status
Not open for further replies.