Platforms

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've got a bit of a long shopping list to complete this winter ready for next year. One of the things on my list, other than a new seat box, is a platform for it.

I'm trying to look at what is out there and so far can only see the Matrix Duralite.

£157

Bit expensive don't you think? Are there any other options out there?

dave brittain 1

See if you can pick up a Fox or Rigger wheel barrow platform second hand. Alternatively buy an Octbox and wheel kit killing two birds with one stone.

Tip_King

Have a look at the Penrose web site
Had my platform for 20 years now and use it on my regular visits to Ireland and Scotland
In fact used it last week in the King of Clubs in Cavan and it was a godsend with the levels being so high

Arch

Site Supporter
post-57067-0-88985000-1442311085.jpg

Under that super lightweight state of the art box, is a scabby old Penrose barrow platform. Minutes after this photo was taken, the photographer (Me) sat on it. I'm 19 1/2 stone. I can recommend a barrow platform as well.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Have a look at the Penrose web site
Had my platform for 20 years now and use it on my regular visits to Ireland and Scotland
In fact used it last week in the King of Clubs in Cavan and it was a godsend with the levels being so high

Nice one. Penrose seems more like it in price and get the barrow with it too!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Quite expensive, for me anyway. Looks a nice bit ok kit, just laughing at what I plan to spend.

Total

Site Supporter
Exactly. I've never understood why people buy just a trolly. Once at your peg it's useless. At least with a barrow platform you get the best of both.

It's been a godsend with my iffy back Arch. (y) ......Can now get home without the associated aches and pains.:giggle:

Arch

Site Supporter
Wouldn't be without mine. I used it as a bait stand the other week on the Trent. I've sat on it bream fishing on big lakes. It's nearing the end of its useable life, but i'll just get another one when it dies. As an AS1 user, I don't have box legs to hang all those gadgets we're told we can't fish without. So I stick um on the Penrose legs instead.