Platform question.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Guys, when you have a platform, what stops your seat box falling through the middle? If you move about on your box, they all move a little, left to right, backward, forward, but you have only two small rails to balance it on? Thanks All.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I don't understand. Most platforms are planks or boards, not rails. Solid and nothing moves.

This is Decoy

Five Nets Zoomed.JPG

And my club's platforms

IMG_20191010_161209.jpg

Tunnel Barn use slabs

IMG_20190724_163034.jpg

Gordy

I think the OP is referencing the Matrix platform. No such problems with the likes of a Penrose of Rigger.

ImLost

Guys, when you have a platform, what stops your seat box falling through the middle? If you move about on your box, they all move a little, left to right, backward, forward, but you have only two small rails to balance it on? Thanks All.
Your footplate covers the gap. Platform is adjusted to the width of your box so get sit solidly on the rails.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Your footplate covers the gap. Platform is adjusted to the width of your box so get sit solidly on the rails.
AH! So they have rails, great. I don't have a footplate, am I buggered then?

Rick123

Site Supporter
I've not got a foot plate on my box. But I like the idea of having my feeder rests a little further out, as would be possible with a platform. Plus it can raise you up a bit, so better for the old back I'd guess?

ImLost

What kind of box do you have? If it’s something with legs you might find that just getting a footplate does everything you need. Platforms can be a bit of a faff tbh - more bulky and overkill unless you really need one - mostly coming in to their own if you’re on a particularly unstable bank or out in the water.

Simon R

Site Supporter
With a Penrose or a Rigger they also act as a barrow
If I know I'm going to be sat on a platform all day I remove my footplate - they just get in the way - and all the platform barrows come with plenty of attachment points for feeder arms or to hang keepnets from

Simon