Plastic sleeve on or off

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I'm not really conscientious... When I see other anglers with pristine tackle. I feel a bit of a tramp haha.

I learn stuff like that from the forum and reading online though so think it's good that questions like this get asked in threads.
Yes but what have you learnt? Either take it off or leave it on it’s not going to make a bit of difference either way 🤷‍♂️Unless it’s just a question of doing what others say...I leave mine on, I’m not going to take it off just cos people on here say I should 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

chris1967

Site Supporter
i have a brand new guru feeder box should i remove the plastic cellophane from this before i put any feeders in it ,i'd hate to get the pristine tango item dirty, jeez .
note to self pointy bit goes in fishes mouth before this question is asked:censored:

baggy

Mark Saunders
After taking the rod out of the bag the first thing I do is remove the plastic as it stops the air getting to the cork and causes damage to the cork. If I’m spending up to £300 on a rod I don’t want to damage it

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
After taking the rod out of the bag the first thing I do is remove the plastic as it stops the air getting to the cork and causes damage to the cork. If I’m spending up to £300 on a rod I don’t to damage it
Ha!! I couldn’t afford to spend that on rods 🤷‍♂️

Marker50

Site Supporter
I asked months ago if it is better or indeed normal to remove the the film.
As I noticed some staining under the film.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yes but what have you learnt? Either take it off or leave it on it’s not going to make a bit of difference either way 🤷‍♂️Unless it’s just a question of doing what others say...I leave mine on, I’m not going to take it off just cos people on here say I should 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I'll admit I ask a lot of questions but I just like to encourage discussion. I take the point that sometimes it can be pointless as it only leads to contradictory stuff, or stuff that takes the figuring stuff out for yourself and making your own decisions out of fishing. But there'd be less discussion without people asking questions. Even if people can make their own minds up in the end. 😆

rudd

Site Supporter
We take the packing off any other items - why leave it on a cork handle?

Cork is used as its easily shaped, tough wearing and gives a good grip when wet.

ae111sr

Site Supporter
In 2001 I bought a Shimano Twin Power 11’6” feeder rod and it still has the plastic on the cork handle, no discolouration and no rot, just nice clean cork:cool:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Fishing with the plastic still on the handle must feel like holding it by the blank. Just find it a weird thought using something still with its packaging on, makes me think of people using mattresses and sofas with the plastic cover still on 😂

JLK

Fishing with the plastic still on the handle must feel like holding it by the blank. Just find it a weird thought using something still with its packaging on, makes me think of people using mattresses and sofas with the plastic cover still on 😂

Whats up with that?

We've had our matress and leather settees for 30 years and they are still in as good nick now as they were when we bought them. ;):LOL:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
You.mean you take that off as well😇