Plastic on rod handles. On or Off?

Plastic sleeving on rod handles. Take it off/leave it on.

• Total voters

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's a question that splits anglers, so what do you think?
Take it off or leave it on?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
As said in the other thread it’s packaging so off it comes. Feels nice with it off and horrible with it on as well.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I often wonder if those that leave the plastic on a rod handle also sit on furniture/car seats with the plastic wrap still on.
Whilst folk can obviously do as they will with their own possessions, I do wonder why so many value cork over Duplon when at least a decent percentage of them must leave the plastic wrapper on anyway. I can only assume that many folks buy rods and leave the wrap on with half a mind to selling at some point. I can't speak for other second hand rod buyers, but I actually avoid rods with wrappers left on unless it's absolutely clear that the rod has never/barely been used.

Nicky Dodds

There seems to be a voting option missing. The not fussed either way as it's not that important an issue option.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I often wonder if those that leave the plastic on a rod handle also sit on furniture/car seats with the plastic wrap still on.
Whilst folk can obviously do as they will with their own possessions, I do wonder why so many value cork over Duplon when at least a decent percentage of them must leave the plastic wrapper on anyway. I can only assume that many folks buy rods and leave the wrap on with half a mind to selling at some point. I can't speak for other second hand rod buyers, but I actually avoid rods with wrappers left on unless it's absolutely clear that the rod has never/barely been used.
My reason is i buy a rod for its action and intended use ,not for the look of the handle . I have left the wraps on for 2 reasons ,keeping it clean and protecting the cork . I am going to take them all off but.may get some sealer .

robert d

Site Supporter

robert d

Site Supporter