PLANNING A TRIP TO THE RIVER TRENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDYJL1964

Howdoo fellow Maggotdrowners.

Could anyone give me any info on how the Trent is fishing these days.

I used to have some cracking days at Rolleston, Fiskerton, Muskham about six years ago. Most of my fishing (at Rolleston/Fiskerton) was a far bank chuck with the feeder. Is this still the method to use or have things changed. I used to get some good catches (30-40lb of Chub, Hybrids).

So, what are the best methods?, what fish are about?. I'm planning a trip sometime so i'd like to be able to catch summat when i'm there!

Keep On Hooking

Take yer rubbish home with you

Hasta Luego Amigos

Andy alcoholic2.gif

Andy J Lockwood

angler-mark

Hi Andy, Don't know about the area you are talking about but the Trent at Derby (Barrow) is fishing well at the minute and also around Willington and Shardlow area's are doing well, plenty of Roach, Chub,Dace,Pike,Perch and Barbel are all showing in abundance. Stick float and feeder are doing well (Ziptrev has had loads) and meat, boilies(hair rigged) and maggot do well with Hemp as loose feed.
Good Luck anyway! [:D]

Tight Lines

Mark

Bry

Andy, the trent is very patchy around the Newark area at the moment.

There are anglers catching chub on the far bank on maggot feeder and bream just past midway on a groundbait feeder at Rolleston, on the stretch owned by Nottingham Piscatorials.

Not too sure about Fiskerton recently, if you mean the stretch owned by Barnsley upstream of the Bromley arms, but last I knew plenty of roach were being caught on the float about half way up the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.