Piscifun Honor Reel 4000

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
As with all my product reviews i have ever done i am open and honest with them, Piscifun sent me the reel out to review and use and that is what i did i went out and used it in a normal fishing situation for me and recorded my thoughts

All in all its a solid nice reel, main bits that impressed me was the design and feel and the patent spool for line to come of spool easier that hemped of course with trotting. any how my review of the reel is below for those interested in seeing it in action

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k6J7r8dO6I[/youtube]

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Once l saw the depth of the spool l knew straight away its not a reel l could ever consider.l really dislike deep reels with deep spools either cheap or expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
shocked me nutmeg and i think i mention it in the review. I bought 200m of float fish put it on and it barely half filled it, put a load of 10lb backing on then the 200m and it was as full as i could get it. As said in video impressed me how line came off spool even when so under spooled but it does have an insane capacity.

looking at it maybe it is because it is aimed at spinning reel and when i took review on i did mention i would be using it for "my type" of fishing. Maybe if it was loaded with braid wouldn't be so bad??

lucc

Originally posted by HALTON DANGLER
Maybe if it was loaded with braid wouldn't be so bad??
It would be worse, as braid is thinner. I also only consider shallow pools...more than enough braid is contained. Even so, I usually add some thick line below to fill it.
Also, I consider it too heavy as I much prefer lighter reels like the new cheap daiwa LT legalis range or the shimano (more expensive range like the CI4+).

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
i might be wrong, forgive me if i am, but sat at the lap top thinking about it im pretty sure my 8olb braid is thicker than the 4lb 4oz float fish on this reel, as say might be wrong im just thinking it over in head at pc.

mytopkitisbroken

I think they may need to rethink the brand name in all honesty - PisciFUN isn't going to appeal to the 'serious' angler I would guess.
Looks a decent bit of kit bar the spool capacity issue

Last edited:

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
yeah as say in main video the full test will come over time as to how well built, i dont know where the name comes from but in my head i thought it was a french company, isnt piscine water in french? picifun, Waterfun?? i dunno lol

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Isn't Isaac Walton mentioned as 'Piscator' in his book 'The Compleat Angler'? No, I haven't mis-spelt that, it's the proper title.
Piscator is mid 17th century: Latin, from piscis fish, so thinking about it, PisciFUN probably means 'fishing fun'.
Having thought about the depth of spool, if they did it as a bait-runner I might consider using it for barbel.

Last edited:

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
i am sure they do ukzero, they do have a website i tihnk its in the description of the youtube video make quite a few reels, although a lot are aimed at spinning and lure fishign american market i think

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Will check it out, but if it's American, the line might come off the wrong side, just like their steering wheels.