Pint glasses

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
This thread is getting weirder, anybody still using their spoon and pusher!

violator

I've got about two dozen that I've somehow acquired over the years, I'm sure the missus now deliberately takes a small handbag when we have a night out

matti

Site Supporter
This is mine, a commemorative glass from the last anniversary waltz fell race, 12miles and 4000 ft of ascent, beautiful weather on the day

Attachments

• 20210102_120957.jpg
    20210102_120957.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 3

grey

Site Supporter
I find vessels of different shapes, sizes and materials suit different drinks so take effort in matching best vessel to drink.

Some drinks are completely unpalatable in the wrong type of cup - anyone who's had their Martini ruined by some pleb who served it in a straight sided glass will know what I mean!

Generally I drink dark malty beers from (dull, never shiny) pewter, lighter or hoppy ales from slight ballooned glass (draught Guinness also); scrumpy from a half-pint handled jug, cider from a long glass; peaty whiskeys from an old tin cup, sweet whisk(e)ys in anything, and cheap whisky nearly always tastes best straight out the bottle!

I'm a huge fan of port and always drink reds from a heavy, Georgian cut-glass c1800 I found in a charity shop for 20p (c2000)

I know we're at the end of the festive season, but some sound advice for those who still have a bit of celebrating to complete: try drinking sherry from a large red wine glass rather than the traditional aperitif style thimble we're used to - it will transform the drink! Also, if you're finding your champagne or prosecco is too sharp (as it often is) use a glass with a small aperture to reduce the nose - it'll mellow out its severity and help get the toast down the hatch without making the eyes water and the mouth pucker-up.

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Love it. How did you aquire it?
Wife bought it me several years ago for Christmas. It came in a gift set with a Motörhead pale ale, which is still sat in a display cabinet. Actually I could say Lemmy gave it to me personally but infact it was from Morrison’s!!! Love the glass especially outside on a warm summers evening :love:

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Some age on those PG,
I had a set complete with spoons some years ago.
About twenty five years I think. My missis bought a set since then but they are far too chunky and I don`t like them so I kept a
knife and fork back just for me when I`m eating on my own.
The San Miguel ones have em now (y)
What has San Miguel got to do with this thread? We are talking about beer glasses :p

TimFB

Always preferred a straight glass myself....

Attachments

• 4664E2BE-B1B7-4AB8-B3A4-F546DA25C4B6.jpeg
    4664E2BE-B1B7-4AB8-B3A4-F546DA25C4B6.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 2

2ts

Site Supporter
San Miguel is all i drink now,since giving up alcohol several years ago,also it tastes far better out of the big bottles ;).