Pine Trees Lakes - Skeggy

All-The-Gear-No-Idea

Site Supporter
Hi Guys:

Heading up to Pine Trees Lakes ( Pine Trees Leisure Park Skegness ) in Skegness in about a week. Wondering if anyone's fished the two lakes up there at all, and what they'd recommend in terms of baits and tactics.

Apparently they've got a section of one of the drains too, so having never fished a drain, would be interested in any techniques and tactics that are worth applying. Do you just treat it much like a river as I would assume or are there 'better' methods.

Also, It states that they have a Bait and Tackle shop there on the website but I've seen a review that said it didn't - anyone able to confirm or deny? If there isn't one, is there anywhere decent nearby for Maggots and Casters?

Cheers

Smiffy

All-The-Gear-No-Idea

Site Supporter
Bait tackle shop question is answered with a phone call. They apparently don’t have one any more. Thought I should add it for future askers of the same question.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Sorry, don’t know the place myself but, we used to have a caravan on sycamore lakes just outside Skeggy. Sycamore is ok but, I used to like a place called ‘ watercolours ‘ a lot more. Very tranquil. Some lovely pristine fish in there. Owners are extremely nice people. Enjoy your holiday pal. 👍

All-The-Gear-No-Idea

Site Supporter
Thanks for the responses guys!

Sycamore I've been to a couple of times, Always have to remember to get the 17 and 19 elastic kits out on account of the Carp being completely mental! Shall no doubt have a day over there on the Island Lake if we can get a swim!

I'm struggling to locate Watercolours on Google Maps or Google. Any ideas on a location / address?

As for Pine Tree's, it's two lakes of about an acre, so I'll take the Camera along and stick a bit of review up when we've worked out how it's fishing.

Lastly - Would anyone recommend a bait/tackle shop in the vicinity of Pine Trees? It's at Croft Bank, PE24 4RE

Many thanks as ever

Smiffy

Ian 22

Wags tackle shop Roman bank skegness . Storrs petrol pumps in wainfleet sell maggots . Watercolours is just North of trunch lane on the mablethorpe rd chapel st Leonard's .

sporty

Site Supporter
Was there back in July 2 lakes ,the drain was very low and not fishable covered in duckweed.The lake nearest to carpark is the older of the two and had a couple of sessions on it,fishing short pole no more than 5 metres and the margins,lots of f1s shallow and good skimmers around 2-3lb we had Carp up to 12lb ,I only fished 6m banded pellets or corn .Good fishing ,toilets nearby ,tackle at Ingoldmels,for a day out go to westwood lakes near Boston that is a fantastic place to fish,eat ,great tackle shop and accomodation