Pine Lakes, Kirton lane, Thorne

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Going here tomorrow,(29th) come rain or shine. Going to bag me another mass of Ide and maybe an occasional carp or two. If anyone local fancies a walk round, come and find me and we can share a cuppa. My new(ish) box has a sticker on the back saying I fish only on days ending in Y. ( I would have a maggotdrowners sticker but used that on my last box and wont be buying another till I get my site supporter status back).

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Nice day, started with a light drizzle but even that petered out by the time I arrived. Set myself up with the breeze behind me as I am not too confident with a pole and I was using this session to practice pole to improve that.

Caught a few Ide straight away followed by a Bream of around 3lb, then the breeze swung round till it was blowing from my left to my right and it picked up in pace too. I was only using 11 meters of pole to reach my furthest area, up against the island, (was also baiting and fishing at 7 meters and along the margin). Even at 11 meters the breeze was knocking my pole about horribly so set up the clever claw and never looked back, superb day catching mainly Ide of around 1lb on average. The Claw did it's work too and made the fishing comfortable, which in turn increased my confidence in using the pole at all, not to mention in breezy conditions.

The fishing never really slowed down until late afternoon around 5pm. Fished on for another hour or so and went home. Good easy fishing to ease my way back into the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.