Pinch Mill nr Rotherham

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

What can we say about this fishery...?
Pretty surroundings...Toilet facilities..Well made pegs...

Looks like lots of good fish holding areas around the island pegs...
unfortunately it didn't fish.. supposedly the owner mentioned 3000 bream had been stocked recently..??.. don't think one came out...?
The weather defo didn't help, was up and down this week...

One of the biggest problem is folks walking, running or cycling by.. even though there's a match going on..!
It's down a track with a security gate, so you'd think it would be private enough.. alas not........

I've read on here before that the place either fishes OK or it's a nightmare...
The latter has to said for it this weekend...

Now onto the toilet..?!! Well portaloo... well not a Portaloo...a dirty, disgracefully box..!!
What an utter disgrace..!.. full of cob webs, rubbish all over the seat and unit and floor... obviously no toilet roll or water to flush the toilet or wash hands...don't mention soap..! Ha.!
Why o why is it there if there can't be arsed to maintain it..?

It's obviously never, ever been cleaned in any way..!

Compared to a lot of fisheries that pride themselves on every aspect of there business this place is woefully decades behind...I think of Oakland Waters in Gowdall, there facilities are immaculate and many others that are good too...

Give it a try.. make sure ya use the bog at home before ya go.!
Good luck..!

[:H]

uniden300

sorry to hear yu dnt like it , but there is another toliet up near the stables with soap and bog roll , rob has put bream in other month they have been caught to , allso reason why you get walkers and cyclist is because there is a public footpath going throuhg it and the reason why he put the securtiy gates up at his own exspence is he got a lot of gear nicked the other year and had lads going up burning cars out , the bottom pond has some realy nice fish in it , carp, barbel, bream , roach , tench , you fish tight to the island in summer through day for carp or middle of lake dnt for get to fish margins if yu want the big stuff , maggot and worm do good to on pole you can bag up i all ways fish this place and never failed yet infact iam going tomorrow for the day i will catch carp if not i will pack up and take up golf, if you cant catch fish here come down and i will show you how to do it ,
i understand yer feeling of the portaloo but dnt pull the place down rob has got a lot to do with farm and stables next time you go look around you will see signs for public footpaths

Last edited:

sherlock

Hi uniden300
I'm sure it can be good, as it looks great... probably just me...I lost 2 carp in last 20 mins.. arh..!.. need to learn to fish properly..!
I know i fished it wrong to say the least.. too much time on the feeder, both method and cage.. and waggler...should of kept to the pole upto the island shelf...!
Tried margins.. never got a bite.. talking top pond here, just down from the security gate... is a beautiful place... but I didn't realise there was public footpath running through the place.. that explains it then we had every man/women/kid and his dog, cat, horse, cow...

Still say that he should take that box of poo out and put a notice of other facilities up the road... it only brings the place down.. hey i know some places don't have anything.. and when ya need to go anything is OK... but this..?.. never see anything as bad... yuk..

Hope ya catch tomorrow... or it'll be another expensive hobbie.. golf.. the best T.. the 19th...

uniden300

lol oh yes i fish on bottom pond on bomb meat on hair then watch the margins later i get white knuckle out 10 line striaght through to hook , top pond not been good just a latley if i catch will take pics and put on here,

oh and did yu see the local rat sat on bog winking

Last edited:

uniden300

here yu go sherlock went to pinchmill today i had 13 carp smallest was 6 lb the biggest was 12lb
2263216460100660248S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL]

here is me mates 13lb mirror
2173854220100660248S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL]

me with 1 of 13 carp
2407853110100660248S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL]

other 2 lads who was with us 1 caught 40 bream on float on maggot the other had 15 bream and 1 gold fish

Last edited:

pinchmill

hi sherlock let me first apolagise for the state of the toilet an you will be pleased to know it is now sorted clean an hygenic the problem of people walking round there is a footpath nearby but no one should be walkng round the pond an i will put up some signs to see if i can stop this although sadly people tend not to respect the countryside or the countyfolk trying to have a pleasant day out,i have reasantly stocked it with skimmers 1800 not the 3000 you were told but it has had an impact an the ponds do seem to be fishing well but as any good fishermen knows i cant garantee good days everyday.hope i have helped to encourage you to give pinchmill another try thanks for your comments

uniden300

top man rob i can now sit in peace on bog lol see yu sunday mate will be on bottom pond

medaluk

I think this is great, it is fantastic that Rob has taken the time to register as a member just so that he can respond to the comments. This the true signs of a fishery owner that cares, as there are certainly some out there that are only interested in the day ticket money.

Good on you Rob[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.