Pike - Your personal Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piker

Hi
I don`t put in many messages but i still read your lots news.
Right i would just like to see what pike have been caught and what tactics were used and where were you fishing?

I`ll Start it off anyway.

3lbs pike , small roach deadbait , 10lbs line, size 6 trebles , on a running leger in the lancaster canal , garstang[:p]

:)::--Piker--:::)

Esox

21lb, ledger, Lamprey - same Lamprey piece caught 14lb within 5 minutes.

norm

24lb roach dead bait (on bottom) semmerwater
22lb 4oz roach dead bait (on bottom) Carling walk Scotland
18lb roach dead bait (on bottom) semmerwater
17lb sardine (on bottom) Carlingwalk

all with 15lb line 20lb wire trace size 8 trebles

1 1/2oz bomb

my best amount of pike = 14 fish to 8lb on sardine (Scotish lock)
my best amount of pike on same bait= 12 pike all on the same mackerel tail (small private lake)

norm

lol
i only had 1 macky tail so i could not change it

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Phew thank god for that,my PB is 2lb.

Caught by accident when it took the roach i'd just started reeling in.

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Beebs

My biggest I never weighed (but was easily a double), so I'll have to go for my second biggest so far, which is 7.5lB.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mine was a 15 lb to a float fished gudgeon 25 years ago and one I can't seem to beat.

Saying that I got a 30 and a few 20's but that was with a seine net with the YWA many moons ago [:)]

Dave

norm

dave that could all change with a couple of sessions on semmer

Simon R

Site Supporter
16lb 12oz South Forty Foot Drain at Swineshead Bridge

Float-fished live roach (little-un) lip-hooked on a size 6 VB double hook. 18lb wire trace, 12lb main line.

Part of an estimated 85lb total weight that day

12lb 2oz Loch Rutton, Scotland
Ledgered sardine, size 8 trebles, 12lb main-line, 18lb trace

Tight Lines

Simon

MALC

My biggest Pike was way back in 1978 (ish) in a club match on an off shoot of the River Kennet in Reading called The Holly Brook.

It took a small Gudgeon as i was bringing it in on StickFloat with (if my memory is right) 3lb line and proberly a 16 or 18 hook and weighed 19lb 10oz and just to make the day i won the match with a total weight of over 30lb which included Roach, Chub, Gudgeon, Dace and the Pike.

In 1979 i fished the clubs annual Pike match which was a rover and fished on Englefield Lagoon (now a renowned specimen Tench and Bream water) again near Reading.

It was a 5 hour match and it took me nearly an hour to walk to my swim and then i hooked 21 Pike and managed to land 12 of them for a total weight of over 80lb and the Pike cup was mine and not 1 of the others had a run.

That was about the last time i seriously fished for pike.

Which is why i doubt i'll ever match or beat either of my best Pike efforts.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

martin.

Account Locked
29lb, floatfished herring, 1975, march farmers stretch, mortons leam

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

everyready

17 1/2 lbs live bait river dee on running rig on bottom 3 years ago .now fish bead bait most of time lots of 10-12 pounders no bigger [:D]

peterpike

My PB is 35.8lb caught on 35lb braid 3lb test pike master rods size 6 drenen extra strong trebels wich nealy straightend the fish is in last weeks anglers mail.Most fish caught in one day 18 fish the largest being 29.8 for a total wieght of 180lb pike are the only fish i fish for

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by peterpike

My PB is 35.8lb caught on 35lb braid 3lb test pike master rods size 6 drenen extra strong trebels wich nealy straightend the fish is in last weeks anglers mail.Most fish caught in one day 18 fish the largest being 29.8 for a total wieght of 180lb pike are the only fish i fish for

Peter - are you sure you didn't start this thread under an alias?[:D][:D][:D]

Put the picture up again. What was that secret sea deadbait???? I promise not to tell anyone.

peterpike

Like i said befor not got a clew how to put pic up,but if you can, do.The secret bait is pet shop white mouse dead of coarse

MALC

Hope you don't mind Peter but here's the Pike from the AM all 35lb 8oz of it.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Beebs

Was she in good condition? She looks in really good nick. I've caught some scabby looking pike this year. They are all beautiful, but some are more beautiful than others. One I had on Saturday was fat with spawn.

peterpike

She was in very good nick,not a lot of spawn if any at all,My view is the more north you go the later they spawn all to do with temp and the weather the milder the winter then the sooner they spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.