pike venues north west

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikemad

hi every one is there any keen pikers[}:)] out there who knows any other places to fish for pike apart from lancaster canal ive heard theres some nice pike along the ribble do i have to pay to fish the ribble and any ideas which part of the ribble i know a few good places for pike my self around lancaster canal just im getting bored[8)] of same places [8D] i look forward to hearing for some 1

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
The Bonsai stretch on the Ribble holds pike mate which is on a day ticket, theres also Ribchester and Tickled trout, made a call to a mate of mine for u and he says they both hold pike failing that PM Ray he knowS a few good venues for pike in the North West i know that Curedan AT Bamber Bridge holds pike as does the leeds liverpool canal The top lock at Chorley is popular for pike fishermen.

Hope this helps

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
whats wrong with the lake distrtict? that cant be that far away from you?

chill out go fishing

Simon R

Site Supporter
There's supposed to be some big pike in Killington Reservoir near Kendal (right next to the M6)
I fished it last year (although not for the pike) and whilst chatting to the locals they were talking about pike to 20lbs coming out. Its available on day-ticket (5) until March when it reverts to a trout fishery.

Tight Lines

Simon

scouse

'River Man'
hi pikemad
why not try the river crossens(sluice) in banks (southport)
its stuffed with pike if you take the A59
out of preston then pick up the A565 to southport
follow that you cross the sluice,you will know when your
near it you will see a comlex called the leisure lakes
on the left, just before
the bridge look for garage on right by river
get your day ticket from there
i think it is 2/50
you can fish both sides of the bridge
but beware the banks are steep
hope this helps[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Esox

Try Finnington on Leeds/Liverpool Canal between Blackburn and Preston. Roddlesworth Res in Abbey Village has great specimens but you'll be lucky to catch there, unless it's just me.
Foulridge/Anglezarke/Rivington reservoirs!!

Lake District waters almost always give results!

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
I know a good few around bolton-bury.
The jumbles is a big water, and has lots of pike in it, with very little jacks! Pike in their have weighed up to 39Ib! Also little elton in bury has lots of pike in it, the leeds-liverpool is worth ago, but is dominated with jacks.
I'm thinking of fishing the ribble for pike, but i don't know where the hell this bonsai stretch is mena be, would sum 1 please tell me!
[8D]The percher[8D]

ray

hiya percher, the bonsai stretch. come off m6 at tickled trout then head for blackburn along the 59, the bonsai nursery is on your left about a mile (ish) from the m/way. (just look for the sign)

ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

tellboy

THE WYRE AT CHURCH TOWN BACK OF THE CHURCH HAS SOME GOOD PIKE [8]

terry palmer

GAZZA

SCOTCHMANS FLASH IN WIGAN HAS SOME STORMING PIKE IN,IM NOT A PIKER BUT IVE SEEN EM COME OUT IN THE 20s MORE THAN FIVE YEARS AGO,ANY DIRECTIONS LET ME NO ANYONE

GARY-MELLING

Flying Fish

Hey Mr. Percher, is Little Elton available on day-ticket do you know? What about canals etc in the area? Thanx in advance.

JM2pW. F.F. <`}}}><

Status
Not open for further replies.