Pike Venues In Notts - Anyone Got A Tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley_Notts

Got the missis into piking at last (she's been carping for a couple of years) but we are looking for a nice easy water in Notts just to get some runs, no care about big fish just yet.

We had a day at Smeaton's Lakes near Newark which was totally unproductive (six rods including spinning gear, 12 hours, no takes) and no one else was having any joy either.

Anyone got any idea of venues?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Ashley and welcome onboard [:)]

Try this venue:

Telephone 01636 822425

Facilities: 1 Lake, 17 Acres, M&F Toilet Facilities, Easy Access
60 pegs, Disabled Facilities
Species : Carp, Pike, Tench, Bream , Perch

Permits : Day Ticket 5 - 7am until time displayed at the fishery
Night Fishing (7.00pm-7.00am) 5.00

There are some decent sized pike in there and worth a visit. It can be a hard venue though as it is an ex gravel pit and the water can be gin clear but if you get it on the right day there are some decent fish to catch

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Ashley_Notts

Cheers Dave . . . nice to be here :)

Thanks for the tip . . . . you don't name the venue but it sounds like either Fingers Pond (part of Smeaton Lakes) or Manor Farm . . or even A1 pits . . . will give 'em a ring anyway, thanks :)

Ash

darryl

you could try attenbourgh gravel pits,or even bestwood duckponds no2 (notts aa) or try pride lake ,ully gully or redhouse lake part of the pride of derby book just of j24 m1

Datafile2.asp

you can not catch one sitting at home

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whoops I forgot that bit [:I]

It's Cromwell Lake, there's a bit here on it the last time I visited: Click Here

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Ashley_Notts

Thanks for your help everyone . . . gonna take a good while working through that lot . . . .

The Pride Of Derby waters look like members only and its a risk to join a club until; you've seen the water, specially as the price will pay for a week carping later in the summer. I grew up fishing attenborough and know it can be a sod to locate fish . . not sure about piking there though . .

Bestwood pond sounds good, really ought to join Notts AA anyway . . .

Thanks again everyone, we'll let ya know how we get on . . .

Ashley

Ian C

Hi Ashley

I would like to second Dave's suggestion of a few visits to Cromwell lake.
A friend and I have fished it a few times for pike and had some success.

My I suggest you visit the venue first and have a chat to the owner and take a look at the picture gallery in the cabin (on your right as you enter). This will give you some idea of the potential this venue has, as there are lots of pictures of recent catches.
Although the pictures are of large fish, there are plenty of smaller ones too. Our largest pike is only a mid double.
All our fish have fallen to dead baits or lures and we even had a large eel during the daytime on a small trout deadbait.

I'm going there on Saturday for my first attempt at carping the venue and I can't wait [:D]

Datafile3.asp

Ian C

Ashley_Notts

Nice one Ian . . . .

Starting to sound more appealing . . . of course the primary objective is to get some runs, you know how it is as a beginner, you just want action and thats what I'm hoping for for the missis (she did it carping of course, landing a good double within half an hour of starting, took me 3 years to get my first double . . . . so she'll probably do the same piking. . .)

I used to fish Colwick Loop for pike once upon a time, loads of fun and lots of little jacks, easy fishing but of course the loop is closed season right now.

Good luck carping at Cromwell on Saturday.

Cheers

Ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.