Pike Lake In Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpk1979

Hi, One for the Geordie Lads this one...

I have been hearing good reports about a pike lake in NewCastle called Broomfields / Brom Field?

Has any of you fished it / even know where it is at?

Any Help would be appreciated...

Oh any chance you could sell us your football team?

Chris.

cpk1979

Hi Just found the proper name and its Belsay.

Has any ever fished it?

Any Help would be appreciated[:)]

Chris.

norm

hi mate
i live near newcastle
and i must admit i have heard of it, but i have not got a clue were it is

i also would like any info as i love pikeing

Simon R

Site Supporter
The only pike lakes I remember from "up north" are the QE2 lake at Ashington and another really shallow lake at Bolam (or somewhere near there)

Don't know any other details though I'm afraid

Tight Lines

Simon

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/vg/fscoarse.html#bolamlake
Are you sure its not Bolam lake i keep getting bolam lake when i search on Belsay fishing etc That's just a quick link with a little bit of info dont think it will be much help. Happy Hunting [;)]

Tight lines [:D]

cpk1979

It was Bolam Lake. As you said its really shallow with lots of weed. I ended up with five jacks none were over the 5lb mark.

Its a really pretty lake in un spoilt coumtry side with no litter.

I spoke to some other guys who were fishing and supposedly the pike don't go much bigger then that.

I enjoyed it though and if I ever go back i think lures would be as good as anything.

Thanks for all the replies.[:)]

Chris.

dogstick

Mate of mine caught a 27lb Pike in Bolam Lake over twenty years back.At the time it was teaming with small Perch and just kids fishing it.Everyone though he was a nutter when he turned up and started hurling dead Herring about.Thought he was a proper psycho when they heard the language reeling that big f****r in.
S[:D]

phil

Asked on WACA site, and no-one seemed to rate Bolam, I know of two other pike lakes up here, QE2 at Ashington, a WACAC water just coming back to form after an unidentified fish kill (see www.wacac.co.uk) and the other is in Washington, known as Barmston Pond, if you head for Barmston and ask you should find it.

The Wear has some pike in but they're few and far between and really only for the truly dedicated. Peronally I'll wait until my trip to Yorkshire on Saturday and may have a go then.

cpk1979

Hi Phil,

I have fished Barsnton and must say I was not very impressed very snaggy (cars and the likes) and no fish.

The Tees near Thornaby has a lot of pike and many a nice double has come on that stretch.

I am thinking of trying the QE2 lake... do you know the average size in there?[:)]

Chris.

phil

From the info I've had on the site, the average is small, at the moment, but a few bigger ones are still about. The match men are always complaining about them but the pike anglers would like a chance to find out what they are complaining about, as their pike catches are down.

The wacac site has a forum, many of their better anglers post from titme to time, and their moderator...Keith, seems to know his stuff. My advice is to ask there and see what comes back. The forum isn't anyway near as busy as an open national forum, but you should have a couple of responses within 24 hours.

If you don't want to use the forum yourself, I'll copy a message over.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.