Picture sizes

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I’ve rode my bike over this road and would like this pic turned into a giant pic so I can wall paper a wall in the utility. About 8ft sq. when I load the pic it always it’s to small.
Can I make it more pixals or is that not possible
16C5F07A-58C2-462C-8AA3-75FCDD49A85F.jpeg

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It depends on the quality of the original pic. What camera did you take it with? If a digital, what megapixel?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
What size is the original file on your computer Daz?

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I just googled images of Sa Calobra and pressed save image on iPad. I’ve no idea of size. No need for cameras now we’ve got google.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I just googled images of Sa Calobra and pressed save image on iPad. I’ve no idea of size. No need for cameras now we’ve got google.

Then it will be too small to expand without any imperfections. It's probably only around 300x300, something like that. If you right click on the image and then go to Properties, it should give you the size.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Oh , I’ll have to go back and take my own pic.
There’s no right click on my iPad.
Maybe I can find an article written somewhere and get the author to email a pic. It was in a cycling mag last year maybe it’ll have so contact details in there.
Cheers chaps.

MarkW

To have a picture of good quality at 8ft across at 300 dpi you would need a large format camera capable of having the longest dimension at 28,800 pixels. My DSLR (18 megapixel) has a longest dimension at about 4,800 pixels which means I can get a quality print up to about 16" max dimension before the picture starts losing quality. It's down to sensor size.

Somersetlad

That's probably a library picture, that you could buy a print of. Highly unlikely that anybody will give you a file, unless it's one of your mates. It needs to have a resolution such that at the size you're going to print it there's 70-100 pixels/inch, or it will look rubbish. I've used Whitewall.com for A1 size prints, very good, very quick (at the moment, as they print them in Germany, who knows come November) but pricey.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Here ya go, fill your boots

grey

Site Supporter
Whatever the size is, you can't increase the definition simply by increasing pixel count.

The pic you have will push to about A2 at best. You need an image 35mb+ uncompressed