Phunny Phobias

Whisker

Site Supporter
I was on a course all week last week and one of the delegates brought us all a bag of sweets that didn’t get handed out to kids on Halloween.

There was another lad with us who, it turns out, had a phobia of sweets. He wouldn’t sit at his desk until someone had taken the bag of sweets away and his Mrs apparently puts sweets on top of his fags in a bid to stop him smoking.

Never heard of that one before… anyone else know someone with a phunny phobia?

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Whilst not claustrophobic I get uneasy if I see someone on the telly in a tight situation, potholing for example I would have
to look away.

Browner

Site Supporter
As a youngster, I had a thing about putting my hand in the freezer. I think it was the feel of getting your finger stuck to the ice.

Fireblade929

Site Supporter
My hopefully Irrational Phobia is Werewolves.
I'm 48yrs old and have not managed to sit through An American Werewolf in London or watched the full Michael Jackson Thriller video, even typing this is making me feel cold.

Expanda

Somebody I know has a phobia about buttons. Can't have any clothing or material with them on. I didn't believe it, but googled it and sure enough it is a recognised phobia and Is called "kuompounophobia"😜😜

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Anybody touching my head - seriously, it took an age to trust a barber to cut my hair, even the missus knows not to touch it, and I'm not responsible for my actions should anyone do so especially when they know not to.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Eels..hate them with a vengeance and will not go near them.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Had to explain to an old work colleague that vertigo is a symptom of fear of heights and not a phobia itself.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Anybody touching my head - seriously, it took an age to trust a barber to cut my hair, even the missus knows not to touch it, and I'm not responsible for my actions should anyone do so especially when they know not to.
And there was me thinking you had the ideal stature to play tighthead prop Dave. :) (y)

You would have definitely felt uncomfortable in a scrum.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I used to play hooker at school, in the A team - never stayed with my head down long, perhaps why :)

Whisker

Site Supporter
It’s amazing how many of us have a phobia of some description! Growing up, I was never comfortable around needles; better now than I ever used to be but I don’t think I’ll ever be 100% with them.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
@Trogg is the biggest, ugliest, handiest, person I know at the other side of the Pennines and is like a little girly when it comes to needles

Edit: I've moved house since writing this post ;)
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Trogg is the biggest, ugliest, handiest, person I know at the other side of the Pennines and is like a little girly when it comes to needles

Edit: I've moved house since writing this post ;)

Wrong, i have no problem with needles, (i'm covered in tattoos remember)
I have no problem with syringes (use them for oiling small parts, mixing flavourings etc).

What i do have a problem with is the needle and the syringe being put together and then brought near me 🤣🤣🤣

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
The trouble with phobias is they are always irrational to people that don't suffer from them. I never used to be keen on heights, not a phobia as ok on tall buildings, but more curiosity of what it would feel like to jump off, what would go through your mind as you fell. Going rock climbing in my 20's and falling off a cliff face (was roped up) cured that. :)

Total

Site Supporter
It’s amazing how many of us have a phobia of some description! Growing up, I was never comfortable around needles; better now than I ever used to be but I don’t think I’ll ever be 100% with them.
It's a wonder I ain't got a fear of needles.....:oops:.....Bloody severe bruising on the backs of both hands and one arm after having covid booster jabs and the like this last week....:LOL:.....I drink a cup of tea and most of it deposits of the floor like a sprinkler system!:ROFLMAO: