(Photos) 7th June Dane River Lithuania

Status
Not open for further replies.

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
This was actually the session I had originally planned for the previous day, with the idea being that I would spend a few hours targeting Bleak.

DaneST.jpg

I arrived at the swim at 5.30pm with the temperature bank side stifling. The swim is in a wooded area, accessed from an overgrown path a few hundred meters from the bridge by the Klaipeda Botanical Gardens on the outskirts of Tauralaukis village.

Temp.jpg

My initial tactic was to fish 24 inches deep with all of the shot locking (no dropper shot), and after a slow start I finally got my first fish, but not a Bleak but a Stickleback, the first I have caught in Lithuania. It was pretty big for a Stickleback and absolutely covered in Argulus.

stik1.jpg

The Bleak did then start to come, but only to a little over an ounce and when you look at how big a Bleak weighing an ounce actually looks, it makes you think about how big the 9oz British record must have been.

Bleak1.jpg

After an hour I decided to deepen off and fish around a rod length out, just over the pads in the margin. I fed brown crumb mixed with casters and a roach additive and loose fed maggot with single white maggot as my hook bait. Almost immediately I was into a nice Rudd.

I fished for a little over 3 hours in total with 53 fish of which around half were Bleak with the remainder made up of nice Rudd, roach and Skimmers to exactly 11oz.

STBag.jpg

When I left to watch the football the fish were feeding and there were still a couple of hours of light so I am sure I could have stretched the bag a little more.

Last edited:

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
Thanks Guys. Actually it never ceases to amaze me how fish are never as big as you think they will be. I was sure the largest of the Rudd would make 1LB but alas only 11oz. I had a 14oz Rudd from the same swim a week or so back so it is obviously a good spot for them.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
That top fish is gorgeous, id love to do a full day at a location like that it looks perfect!

I bet there are a good few over 1lb living in conditions like that, they will come eventually!

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
Hi Adymon, I agree, I think I will break the 1LB soon enough but tend to fish Ekete lake more. Going to try worms on the lake tomorrow as per your suggestion, I will let you know how it goes but am out of the office until Tuesday so maybe no report until then :)

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Ohh ok make sure you take pictures!

Im pretty sure worms will pick out the better fish, hope im right, for your sake ^_^

BME

Great report, It reminded me of what fishing is supose to be about. Not always trying to bag 1,000000 lb of fish?

More in the future plaese.

Status
Not open for further replies.