Photography books

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anyone got any good ones? I only have a few. Detroit After Dark one is called. Another one part of a music album that has photos of Barcelona's Gothic quarter.

I find them interesting to pick up and flick through while listening to music occasionally, and they're a novelty to have on your bookshelf.

I've always liked some of the classic photographers, including Brassai and to a lesser extent, Cartier-Bresson, so would love a Brassai book. Maybe when I have a bit of money I'll go looking for one.

detroitafterdark.jpg

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
If you can find a copy in the UK then 100 Suns by Michael Light is well worth adding to any photographers collection.

Intro and link to preview, (small pictures sadly), here.... 100 SUNS — Michael Light Link to buy is in US, sadly.

Full size images in the book are superb. Frightening beauty on every page.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
The Amazon link doesn't show for me but I presumed they would be expensive for Brassai. :LOL: Ideally I want one with his Paris at Night photos.

I will check out any recommendations.

I've always wanted to read the Errol Morris book on Roger Fenton too. It's about Truth and Photography and how photos can be staged. So he asks in this photo taken in Crimea...

Here's the photo with the staged cannonballs.

Fenton000.jpeg

Another photographer of interest when it comes to war scenes and staged photos is Frank Hurley.

frank hurley.jpeg

He was an Australian photographer who also did this old documentary called South (sometime Endurance) documenting Shackleton's adventure to the South Pole.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
The Amazon link doesn't show for me but I presumed they would be expensive for Brassai. :LOL: Ideally I want one with his Paris at Night photos.

I will check out any recommendations.

I've always wanted to read the Errol Morris book on Roger Fenton too. It's about Truth and Photography and how photos can be staged. So he asks in this photo taken in Crimea...

Here's the photo with the staged cannonballs.

Fenton000.jpeg

Another photographer of interest when it comes to war scenes and staged photos is Frank Hurley.

frank hurley.jpeg

He was an Australian photographer who also did this old documentary called South (sometime Endurance) documenting Shackleton's adventure to the South Pole.
Here's one I'm sure you can afford !