Photo easy

stikflote

Site Supporter
Why is it so easy to put photos on this site ??
,all other forums im on you have use a hosting site such as photo bucket
then copy and paste image ???

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Because of people like you who help support our costs :)

We've also got two dedicated servers, a brilliant B2B hosting company, and a bit of tech know-how ;)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
As Dave has said above :upthumb: It was just one of the considerations looked at when the decision was made to change the forum software.
One of many as we wanted a forum that was future proofed (as far as any can be) and had the capacity to be expanded as and when it needed to be as well as user-friendly for its users and I think it can safely be said it's been worth the time and effort. ;)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
As Dave has said above :upthumb: It was just one of the considerations looked at when the decision was made to change the forum software.
One of many as we wanted a forum that was future proofed (as far as any can be) and had the capacity to be expanded as and when it needed to be as well as user-friendly for its users and I think it can safely be said it's been worth the time and effort. ;)

You only reap what you sow, and for a tenner a year, it's well worth the money for a well thought out and easy to use site. :upthumb:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Because Red Leader is a top bloke.

As for Site Supporter costs, we recently had one member going into hysterics over the thought of contributing one pound to fund international teams. What hope of getting him to part with 3p a day?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The best part of it is, those who use the site for free love the classifieds and love the free photo storage but don't want to pay a penny towards the costs!

I've got a friend who owns a forum... i found out through a slow loading sales website that a load of tackle photos had been uploaded on his site but were being used in scams on selling sites, he did some checking and discovered that the member had been uploading lots of different photos but they had never posted on his forums....so he replaced all the links with one single link that resulted in the images all changing to one single image written in red it said "scammer do not buy anything".

personally, if i had a forum with free photo uploading and i found someone was using it to flog stuff without paying a penny towards the csts of the site i'd change the links to read something like "freeloader" or "tightarse" instead of shoing the image!

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
or is that a long winded way to say "idiot proof" :unsure: :LOL::LOL:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wouldn't dream of calling any of our forum members Idiots. ;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ah but at least you always know which hole to put your lead into ;)

62tucker

Site Supporter
Sorry. Some mods like a little dig at certain people to try to get a bite. Seen it a few times lately.