Phase 1 Makins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

I fished the main lake on Phase 1 at Makins Saturday and Sunday, absolutely brilliant!!

We were balling 4 bags of groundbait in at 5m stuffed with a full pint of Joker (20's worth!!!!) and you just dropped in over the top of it with whatever bait you liked on a 2g rig with the olivette right down, big hook, strong line and bites were insatnt. It was a roach a drop all day. Proper bagging! The place is absolutely stuffed with silver fish.

Was just me and a few team mates on Saturday and a match on Sunday. The lowest weight was 3kg of roach and Alan Scotthorne won it with 7.5kg. Everybody had 200+ fish.

One of the best fishing experiences I have had, especially for the time of year.

I was horrified to learn that after the Sensas Final this weekend, they are taking out all the silver fish and keeping the lake as a carp pond for all the boilie brigade!!!!

I can't understand how such an excellent venue where you can get bites every drop in all day long will just be used for blokes that go down with 2 rods, alarms etc and sit there reading their papers and twiddling their thumbs waiting for 2 or 3 fish to hook themselves.

What is the world coming to???!!!!!

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett
Datafile2.gif Datafile2.jpg Datafile2.jpg
Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

martin.

Account Locked
hi lee
glad you all caught by the way what was your weight /pos in match out of intrest

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Chopper

I weighed 3.850kg, probably the average. The lake is a big rectangle and the best/deepest pegs were on the long straight on the opposite bank to the car park. I was on one of the sides.

I beat the guy to my right and the guy to my left beat me by 50g. To be fair, I could have done at least another kg but it was a practise match for next weeks final so I was trying different things, caster down the edge, fishing up in the air etc. The guys that framed just put blinkers on, got their heads down and just fished one line out all day which is what everyone will be doing at the weekend.

It didn't help going out Saturday night in Nuneaton and not getting back to the hotel while after 3am very drunk!!!

You should see the list of stars that are gonna be fishing there this weekend, Jean Desque French international, he's got a team in. Alan Scotthorne, Bob Nudd, Mark Downes, Steve Gardner, Will Raison, ladies international squad (who we beat in the qualifiers[:D]) etc etc.

I can't believe we held our own and didn't get completely battered on Sunday!

Will be a great event this weekend, just hope I don't draw in between two stars or my head will be wrecked before I start!

www.colmic.com

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Will be a great event this weekend, just hope I don't draw in between two stars or my head will be wrecked before I start!

Lee, have faith - you're a Maggotdrowner [:D]

Print off these photos:

And any other group ones you can find then stick them to wooden stakes around you - we'll be with you all the way and it'll be the opposition that'll be wrecked [:D][:eek:)]lol

Dave

martin.

Account Locked
hi lee

best of luck next w/e were all hoping you do well & get a good draw
best of luck mate

tight lines.
martin.

Chopper

Cheers guys,

Dave, those pics certainly would frighten the opposition!!! I'd end up with 3 spare pegs either side of me [:D]

Who's organising the cheer leaders for the weekend?

www.colmic.com

martin.

Account Locked
lee
if you ask teepee im sure he could do you some of norm as cheerleaders for you to print off LOL
ove to you teepee

tight lines.
martin.

angler-mark

Good Luck Lee, give em hell!

Just tell em Stu is watching!
[:D][:D][:D]

Tight Lines

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.