Peter Bonetti

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
On the news that another icon has passed away after a long illness,A great goalkeeper, nicknamed the cat.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Very unfortunate to play at a time when England was blessed with top quality keepers but he was right up there

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Fond memories of watching him from the shed in the late 60's early 70's. 729 appearances and 208 clean sheets for the club. An absolute hero in the 1970 FA Cup Final Replay, playing on after injuring his knee in the first half and making several crucial saves to help us beat Don Revie's Leeds and win our first ever FA Cup.

RIP Cat.
1586704635314.png

crackatoa

Site Supporter
A great keeper, unfortunately he will be remembered by non Chelsea fans for his part in the 1970 World Cup defeat to Germany

RIp

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
Fond memories of watching him from the shed in the late 60's early 70's. 729 appearances and 208 clean sheets for the club. An absolute hero in the 1970 FA Cup Final Replay, playing on after injuring his knee in the first half and making several crucial saves to help us beat Don Revie's Leeds and win our first ever FA Cup.

RIP Cat.
I just knew we had met before. ;) I too stood in the "Shed" in the 60's and 70's. I wonder if his ashes will be put under the penalty spot with Peter Osgoods'.
Very sad news to hear of his passing. RIP.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Absolutely my hero, when I was a kid, loved watching the 1970,s Chelsea side.....RIP The Cat

DFL

Site Supporter

RIP Cat.

yet another post where we must have crossed paths at some stage Peter. I was a regular in the Shed during 1969 to 1971. Went to the 1970 final but wasn’t allowed to bunk off school for the replay.

which school did you got to? I was at Spencer Park 64 to 70.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
which school did you got to? I was at Spencer Park 64 to 70.

Battersea Grammar 65-71
You would have known if our paths had crossed while fishing as invariably I had my rather large German Shepherd called Timber in tow, ;)

DFL

Site Supporter
Battersea Grammar 65-71
You would have known if our paths had crossed while fishing as invariably I had my rather large German Shepherd called Timber in tow, ;)

Battersea Grammar which was actually in Streatham! I had a few mates there, mainly due to their slot car racing club, Gary Fletcher, Steve Gurl, David and Peter Mark. to name a few. There moment of fame was appearing with the track on Blue Peter.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Battersea Grammar which was actually in Streatham!

But actually backed onto Tooting Bec Common.
That was one hell of a track, over 100ft of it, kept in the Tech Drawing class room.;)

Philocalist

Bumped into him years back, when he was at his footballing peak. Was sea-fishing with my dad at the time, off the rocks at Eyemoth, just over the Scottish border. I was never interested in football, neither was my father, so all the chat was about fishing and what was being caught (Eyemouth was a goldmine, back then) - only realised it was him as he was laughing with my father about being able to talk 'fishing', not 'football' and he explained to my dad who he was :)

DFL

Site Supporter
But actually backed onto Tooting Bec Common.
That was one hell of a track, over 100ft of it, kept in the Tech Drawing class room.;)

one of my favourite tracks having won the Southeast Schoolboy championship on it.

muskrat

STAY ALERT
Site Supporter
Another great loss. RIP.

... for those of you who don't follow football, this is 'The Shed' they are on about in this thread:

shed.jpg

:)