Pet music hates?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Rap with a capitol 'C'
R&B (Rubbish and Bonkers)
Gangsta. (What's all this waving hands and arms about while just talking, no singing involved). Garbage.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
As a music teacher, I'm pretty tolerant of most things. Apart from:
  • Anything overly self-indulgent tends to make me roll my eyes a bit - prog rock, modern jazz, Mariah Carey vocal improvisation...
  • Anything which I hear repeatedly at a given point in time that I'm teaching to 150 kids at a time
  • Fur Elise/River Flows In You etc played badly at 3 times the intended speed
  • Christmas music before December (which I have to start rehearsing in October)
Plus, three very niche music pet hates:
  • Calling a glockenspiel a xylophone (vice versa also true, but far rarer)
  • Music notes being used in posters/advertising etc, drawn incorrectly
  • Pianos being drawn in cartoons with the keys in the wrong place
And:
  • Anything else on any given day

davepellet

😂
I take it you watch a lot of telly then…?
No, virtually none, although now the World Cup’s on I seem to be watching more...

Were you suggesting there’s a lot I can’t stand? You’re absolutely right and I barely scratched the surface...

Back after years

Site Supporter
Anything by any of the following:
Police
Queen
Genesis
Meat loaf
Beatles, plus any of their individual tat
Elton rubber Jonny
Bruce springprick
Any of the bon jovi / guns n posers clan
I could go on for a while yet

Any king of gangsta rubbish, except big shaq
Pop music
Disposable pop stars when they cover decent tunes

Like I said, I could go on for some time..,
Haha.so you don't like music 😀😀

DFL

Site Supporter
Anything by any of the following:
Police
Queen
Genesis
Meat loaf
Beatles, plus any of their individual tat
Elton rubber Jonny
Bruce springprick
Any of the bon jovi / guns n posers clan
I could go on for a while yet

Any king of gangsta rubbish, except big shaq
Pop music
Disposable pop stars when they cover decent tunes

Like I said, I could go on for some time..,
A bit off topic but begs the question, what do you like?

Tristar

Site Supporter
RAP...Retard Attempting Poetry. Why all the arm waving and staring into a camera whilst wearing a dogs choke a chain. Musicals are not my thing either but each to their own, If we all like the same thing we would all be boring.

Another one is the use of songs on adverts whereby the words are changed to promote their product, the Flash advert and the Dacia come to mind, both adverts changing the words to well known Queen songs,

Last edited:

davepellet

Yes I love music, just hate average, overrated & overplayed tat!

Most of what I listed above I would rate as 2nd rate lift music, and I think I’d rather go deaf than listen to any of that shithe... no offence to anyone who likes any of it, each to his own ey!?

As to what I do like, the list is equally endless from stone roses to specials, Arthur brown to black sabbath, dead Kennedy’s to new order, Björk to BTS!!!
Over the years I’ve been influenced by most musical genres... mod, ska, northern soul, original 70’s/80’s punk & new wave, metal of varying sub-categories, indie, blues, jazz-funk, prog, hip hop, psycho billy, garage (that’s 1980’s garage incidentally), and much of this feature on my usb stick i have in the car

Back after years

Site Supporter
Yes I love music, just hate average, overrated & overplayed tat!

Most of what I listed above I would rate as 2nd rate lift music, and I think I’d rather go deaf than listen to any of that shithe... no offence to anyone who likes any of it, each to his own ey!?

As to what I do like, the list is equally endless from stone roses to specials, Arthur brown to black sabbath, dead Kennedy’s to new order, Björk to BTS!!!
Over the years I’ve been influenced by most musical genres... mod, ska, northern soul, original 70’s/80’s punk & new wave, metal of varying sub-categories, indie, blues, jazz-funk, prog, hip hop, psycho billy, garage (that’s 1980’s garage incidentally), and much of this feature on my usb stick i have in the car
I now understand what you mean. We all like what we like.. I like all sorts too.From Elvis to 90's rave.. There are certain tunes that we like..and certain groups.I agree stone roses, specials,new order.. musical taste is each to their own...😊😊

Philocalist

Pet hates? Artists / performers / bands who are totally incapable of putting on a live performance that resembles whatever it is they are offering as the finished article, neatly packaged into something you can spend money on.
I grew up at a time (and played bass in various bands throughout that time) when bands like The Who, Free, Deep Purple etc were making music - often no-where more glamorous that a local college / uni stage - and sounded stunning ... an assertation supported by the fact that many recordings, even early video fottage, still stands up to close critical scrutiny - and in most cases it was a situation where you had a (very) few musicians onstage, playing intruments live, with live vocals, and sounding brilliant. Guitars etc plugged straight into amps / speakers onstage, with the benefit occasionally of a sound desk somewhere in the crowd - people with uindoubted talent, peforming live, and being very, very good at what they did.
Most music today? Nah - I just can't - and it has nowt to do with musical tastes or age :D

roachy

Site Supporter
My absolute hates are cheesy boy band rubbish who just do covers, and anything “charity” related like that utter rubbish ladbaby sh1te who sings about sausage rolls and other greggs related products.
I just want to slap him silly

JLK

I dislike.
Church hymns.
Heavy rock/Metal
Soft rock
Glam rock
Sting
Soul
R&B
Cheesy pop
Rap
Christmas songs
Hip-hop
Trance
Country
Folk
Gospel
Jazz
I prefer Alternative/Indie

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
10cc did the 'tape choir' layering thing on I'm Not In Love to spectacular effect, love them just for that.