Pet music hates?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've been listening to a lot of old soul music on YouTube, most of it is naff, but one thing I've noticed is that the title of the song is also the first lyric of the song in a lot of cases! So the song might be called 'Let me love you' and then after the opening bars you get a wailing voice 'Let me love you'. Really bugs me and must be a reason for it, trend or whatever. What are your pet music hates?

Total

Site Supporter
I've been listening to a lot of old soul music on YouTube, most of it is naff, but one thing I've noticed is that the title of the song is also the first lyric of the song in a lot of cases! So the song might be called 'Let me love you' and then after the opening bars you get a wailing voice 'Let me love you'. Really bugs me and must be a reason for it, trend or whatever. What are your pet music hates?
Go fishing.(y):oops:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Rapping will be high on the list for many on here, I'm not much of a fan. Listen to the song 'How Can I Be Homophobic' if you dare, played a lot on Radio 1. I love Jazz but not many people can stomach complex polyrhythms, improv and extended harmony, let alone brassy timbres.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I don't like the music he produces unfortunately, and don't like everything he plays, but the Jamie Cullum Jazz show is one of the best things on Radio 2. I started listening to jazz among other things around age 16, because I heard it was good, and I'll admit I was probably 26 before I really got into it.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I worked in Wilkinsons for a few years, same playlist of maybe 15 songs or so on repeat for the whole time I worked there except at Christmas. Could have given the CIA ideas for Gitmo. "Who's that girl, running around with you..." etc

John Step

Site Supporter
I worked in Wilkinsons for a few years, same playlist of maybe 15 songs or so on repeat for the whole time I worked there except at Christmas. Could have given the CIA ideas for Gitmo. "Who's that girl, running around with you..." etc
Tesco here has started it recently. It used to be only the escritious Christmas stuff that assaulted ones ears.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
See a few comments about rap music.
I loved hip hop but hated all that gangster stuff - don’t mind some of todays grime.

Greeny1178

Site Supporter
Most cheesy s**t , they play when you are waiting in a que on the phone . And most cheesy pop music.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Hold music, elevator music, dentist waiting room music... usually what I call Antiques Roadshow music.

Greeny1178

Site Supporter
Had to ring the bank the other day , after half hour and of cheese , i almost forgot what I rang up for .