Pet hate with a funny ending

John Step

Site Supporter
How about the lorry overtaking another lorry on a two lane motorway (M11) and sitting side by side blocking the road for sometimes 2 or 3 miles until it can edge past.

rd115

The Touch ™
Site Supporter
How about the lorry overtaking another lorry on a two lane motorway (M11) and sitting side by side blocking the road for sometimes 2 or 3 miles until it can edge past.

Yeah hate that, I don't condone it, but no wonder lorries get brake checked all the time for holding up the traffic.

rd115

The Touch ™
Site Supporter
An everyday occurrence on parts of the A1. 🤬

Yeah hate that road, i used to get sent to Peterborough a lot for jobs and always stuck behind lorries overtaking each other. You can be bombing along about to overtake and they just cut you up without a care in the world.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The best thing they could do with the M25 is build a wall either side and fill it with water and F1's :)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Some proper stress heads on here isn’t there ? I don’t give a ………. myself. Pull out in front of me, 🤷‍♂️ I just get on with it. Very little upsets me these days. I used to wind myself up years ago even getting out of my car / van but, I can’t be arsed these days. Like Zerkalo says … I’m always glad to get back without a scratch or a dent. Lots of idiots out there now. 🙄

Total

Site Supporter
............. I don’t give a ………. myself. Pull out in front of me, 🤷‍♂️ I just get on with it. Very little upsets me these days.....
^^ Best attitude to have and if you need to sort something....Bide your time....;):devilish:

Still knows when I nicked your bag of jelly babies you'd get Peed off!:whistle::love::ROFLMAO:😘

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Something I do not worry about, there was a time I might have been driving one of those trucks. I annoy other drivers when I let trucks pull out into the second lane.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Playing devils advocate here. Why do people get annoyed when someone is sat in the outside lane doing 70mph. By rights no one should even catch them up never mind pass them.

MrBen

Site Supporter
Playing devils advocate here. Why do people get annoyed when someone is sat in the outside lane doing 70mph. By rights no one should even catch them up never mind pass them.
Well that’s an interesting observation, and yes they are doing the correct speed, but if there is lanes to their left are empty they should trying being in the correct lane as well.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Unfortunately human nature is such that even if you were driving at 115mph there'd be some twally trying to pass you at 120.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A friend of mine many years ago was hot legging it down an almost empty stretch of the M1 in the early hours to gain some time prior to a meeting.
An Audi came up behind him and sat there, he decided to increase his speed.
The Audi did similar (you know what's coming).
Once well over the ton mark the Audi suddenly lit up with blue lights - it was a senior ranking member of her majesty's constabulary :eek:

A few words were exchanged on the hard shoulder and nothing more came of it luckily :)