Pescaviva Sweetcorn

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm going to be fishing corn on the waggler tomorrow. Got enough tins of normal corn, but something tells me I should look in the tackle shop when I go to get maggots to see if they have any of this flavoured corn. Anyone use it? I have not used it since I was a kid, back when my eyes lit up when I first saw it, easily swayed at that age, but I think it's probably a bit of a gimmick, still going to give it a try if they have any.

squimp

Site Supporter
It’s ridiculously expensive.

If you bought a bottle of flavour you could enhance dozens of tins (or even more cheap frozen stuff) for the same cost.

Rob F

Site Supporter
I don't buy flavoured sweet corn, empty a normal supermarket tin into an old take-away container, squirt some scopex liquid in, leave overnight before fishing. Empty any excess water into the groundbait when mixing.
Pretty much as squimp says really!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Well you're right that it's expensive. :LOL: I thought £2.19 was a lot but my tackle shop charges £3 a tin. Guess they've got to make a profit!

I still bought a tin though, had set my mind on it. You could simply flavour corn of course, and try colouring it, but I felt like trying this for old time sake.

2022-05-17 16.36.00.jpg

That being said, I also forgot to soak any hemp for tomorrow, so had to buy a couple of tins. One for me. One for my dad. Guess how much? £3 a tin again! Unbelievable really as you can't get much more than a pint in there.

2022-05-17 16.36.04.jpg

So that was 5 pints of maggots, 2 tins of hemp, 1 tin of corn and 2 packs of hooks for close to £30. o_O

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I seem to remember when I was a kid having the same tin of red corn for a few weeks. :LOL: I'm going to mix one tin of this with 2 tins of normal corn tomorrow though, and hope that will last me all day. You can't feed too much here anyway, not least because it attracts a mass of coots, so I doubt I'll use even that but you never know.

davej1981

I remember using the strawberry one years ago on a local water. It was fantastic for the bream in there.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Tinned hemp has gone up in price a few times in the last year or so probably to reflect the increase in Chinese hemp prices, I have noticed that the firms selling prepared hemp seem to have ditched the tiny French stuff which is cheaper so this again will increase the price.
We sell frozen cooked hemp for £1.75 or raw uncooked for the same price as the expanded volume when cooked which covers the cost and messing cooking it. Lots buy the 2.5kg frozen bags which at £6.50 is even better value.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
There's a tackle shop near me that also sells frozen hemp. I think it's a brilliant idea for when you forget to soak/cook it yourself.

Jury is out on the Pescaviva Corn for me as I can't really tell from one tough session trying it, but doubt I'll be buying it much more at these prices.

AdamRussell93

There's a tackle shop near me that also sells frozen hemp. I think it's a brilliant idea for when you forget to soak/cook it yourself.

Jury is out on the Pescaviva Corn for me as I can't really tell from one tough session trying it, but doubt I'll be buying it much more at these prices.
Angling direct do 2kg tubs of hemp in a bucket for a tenner. I think fox do aswell. They’re what I swear by, and the buckets are brilliant to re use aswell!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
That's a reasonable price for cooked hemp. I've been buying Fishing Bait Warehouse stuff for £24.99 for 10kg uncooked but it is quite small.

squimp

Site Supporter
I've got a freezer full of frozen particles (various combinations). I think they cost less than a quid a kilo including delivery.

They come in 5kg bags, so I just re-bag them in session sized bags.