Personal Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

steak

Left hand drawer
Posted with the moderators permission.

Following the thread by Badpegpicker regarding the elderly man who was assaulted and robbed whilst on the riverbank, I would like to post the following :

Those of you that know me are aware that I run a Private Investigation Agency, and we have very close links to Close Protection Officers and the Security Industry in general.

We can supply a canister of mace like substance that will dissuade the most persistent of attackers, and also dye the sprayed area red, with a dye that is very difficult to remove. This makes identification for the police much easier, and a conviction more likely.

The spray does not blind the attacker, or cause any permanent injury, but leaves them incapacitated for a period of time, giving time for the victim time to escape, or restrain the attacker.

These canisters are available from my Company at a cost of 24.99 + 1.20 p&p.

The canisters have a life of around 3 years, then need renewing. (Costs around 8+ per year) and are very good value.

They are suitable for men and women, both old and young, BUT ARE NOT SUTABLE FOR CHILDREN.
If anyone is interested in ordering any of these canisters, please send me a PM, and I will forward more information.

Steak.

chris w

pc problem solver
what would the legal implications be on carrying a can of mace

i guess what iam asking is, could we be prosecuted from the police and if these are legal to sell why are they not on general sale.

like i said these are only ?'s not a reply to cause trouble or argument

steak

Left hand drawer
Hi Chris,

It's a valid point.

The company that makes the substance, issues a certificate cofirming it complies with all relevant legislation, and this can be produced on demand.

All my field staff have a copy, rubber banded around the canister to produce if ever required.

The substance is not "Mace" or Pepper Spray, but has very similar qualities, and caused a similar reaction.

Hopefully, this explains it, but I can issue more technical info if required.

Steak.
(Going home to bed now !!!)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's sad state of affairs but unfortunately a sign of the times we live in
It's not something I'd recommend for everyone to carry around with them but for those who do fish alone or in remote spots hopefully you'd never be in a sitution to need one but if you were....

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's a totally different concept Barry [;)]

the rock in a sock is ideal for those that wish to get physically involved in the fight, but also must face the potential circumstances if they're not up to it [;)]

whereas, the spray is more for defending the person from attack and removing the potential risk of a battering by disabling the source [B)][:)]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

Does it work the same way as my rock in a sock Steak ????[:D]

ROFLMAO!

Err..does this stuff remove tea from computer monitors?[:D]

Its got a good ring to it though.

"New from Barrybloke enterprises, the ultimate in personal security, and attacker deterrent!

ROCK IN A SOCK!![;)]

Seriously,

its a bloody good idea Steve. Nice one for sticking this one up!

groundhog

Life Survivor
steak,[:)] do not want to lose custom for you mate,but a can of ladies hairspray directed into any attackers face,eyes,nose and mouth,has the same debillitating effect and is a lot cheaper and widley available[;)]

Bill G

Grandad
you worry me groundhog ladies hairspray ? do you carry it in your tackle box or is it in your handbag with lippy and eyeliner [:D][:D]

Enigma

Armchair Carper
You can still be had up on an assault charge even defending yourself. Resonable force is a matter of conjecture. What is reasonable for one person isn't for another.

As an example - I'm 5' 10", 18 stone a former Black Watch and rugby player if I was to use it against a 17 year old spotty youth weighing 9 stone when wet through I would be the one in handcuffs. A court would find me guilty of assualt for excessive force when more than likely I could have defended myself with nothing more than bad words!

I think what Steak has for offer is a bloody good idea just be mindful about using it.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
The mace like substance sounds good, but in no way can it be as satisfying as watching some lowlifes brains explode out of his nose as a lump of finest cotswold rock, wrapped in one of Blokeys best Argyle socks, slam dunks on his napper a few times.[;)]

jduck1979

John D
Originally posted by Godber

The mace like substance sounds good, but in no way can it be as satisfying as watching some lowlifes brains explode out of his nose as a lump of finest cotswold rock, wrapped in one of Blokeys best Argyle socks, slam dunks on his napper a few times.[;)]

What brains?

steak

Left hand drawer
Hi all,

Please note that this product is a deterrant, and the manufacturers recommend spraying it in the face of an attacker, causing them to loose sight.

The condition caused is tempory, and coupled with the fact that its use is for self defence, it is unlikely the police would prosecute the user. As previously stated, the product comes with a certificate confirming it is legal.

Hairspray is likely to cause longer lasting damage, and a rock in a sock even longer.

On a lighter note, I may consider a partnership with Blokey to develope a "legal" "rock in a sock" device, as the use of such would be much more satisfying to the victim.[:D]

Steak.

midge99

Originally posted by Enigma

You can still be had up on an assault charge even defending yourself. Resonable force is a matter of conjecture. What is reasonable for one person isn't for another.

As an example - I'm 5' 10", 18 stone a former Black Watch and rugby player if I was to use it against a 17 year old spotty youth weighing 9 stone when wet through I would be the one in handcuffs. A court would find me guilty of assualt for excessive force when more than likely I could have defended myself with nothing more than bad words!

I think what Steak has for offer is a bloody good idea just be mindful about using it.

I wish I was, but alas I am 5'4" and 10 stone and disabled, this makes it difficult for me to defend myself. I do fish alone in the middle of nowhere oftem very early in the morning this sounds perfect for me, the shot gun is heavy

Chuditch

What a sad reflection on society today, we are heading at breakneck speed, to total anarchy, the world of Mad Max [V]

Steaks product sound the goods, though not, in my experience, necessary in very dark or remote places.

The thugs are, by thier very nature, cowards. They would be too frightened to leave the safety of concrete streets.
Were we to turn off the street lights for a week, most of these gutless wasters would be driven back indoors and forced to fight amongst themselves, because they sure as hell would be scared to walk around in the dark.

I'm willing to bet that all/most attacks on fishermen, occure at waters close to towns/roads and therefore lit by street lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.