Personal Bests

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Just wondering what peoples PBs of various species are.

Carp 22lb
Tench 9lb
Bream 6lb
Barbel 5lb
Chub 5lb
Perch 2.5lb
Roach 2lb
Rudd 1lb

There's mine. Not all have been weighed but had me wondering after catching a PB Perch yesterday. My Barbel PB should be easily beatable for me next year I hope.

IMG_4306.JPG

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Is this fishing in the U.K. or Europe? I ask because my PB carp was caught in France and weighed in at 54lb 2oz. PB U.K. caught Carp is 31lb 9oz.
PB Tench is 9lb 3oz
PB Bream is now 8lb 13oz.

I haven't weighed Roach, Perch or any other course fish as I didn't think they were worth weighing.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Can be either! Those are stonking Tench and Bream! My 9lb Tench is probably the favourite fish I've caught, on a no8 elastic fishing for newly stocked 3oz Carp.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The Tench was a bit of an accident I suppose. I was on a Carping session and it took a 12mm pop-up boilie. But, I didn't complain about it.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Given that I’m a bag up angler over a specimen hunter mine are very modest so I don’t tend to commit the exact figures to memory and some are guesstimations but are roughly as follows:

Carp 17lb 4 oz
Pike 7lb ish
Tench 6lb 6 oz
Chub 5lb 6 oz
Barbel 5lb ish
Bronze Bream 5lb ish
Ghostie/koi 4lb ish
Perch 3lb 2 oz ish
F1 3lb ish
Brown Trout 2lb 8oz
Crucian 2lb 4oz
Grayling 2lb 2oz
Roach 2lb 2oz
Goldfish 2lb ish
Rainbow trout 1lb 8oz
Rudd 1lb ish
Ide 1lb ish
Dace 9oz ish
Silver Bream 8oz ish
Golden Orfe 4oz ish
Bleak, gudgeon, Ruffe and salmon all about 2oz

Sea fish if required would be a long list and mostly guesstimations!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nice list. I can add Koi at 17lb caught mugged down the margin. Golden Orfe about 2lb caught same fish 4 times.

Never caught a pike bigger than a jack about 3lb.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Having mainly match fished for decades I never really weighed individual fish, but more recently taken to fish for barbel and have a PB of 15lb 10 oz, best carp was 23lb.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Personal bests are such a subjective thing and especially now there are more waters dedicated to being able to catch large fish.

Ferinstance I have had two 9lb Barbel from the River Lugg and they are worth more than all the other doubles I have had from the Avon, Severn and Teme.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mine are (and I happen to have done the pike, perch and zander all this year)

Pike 23lb 4oz
Perch 2lb 14oz
Zander 9lb 8oz
Barbel 9lb 10oz
Chub 4lb 10oz
Tench 5lb 1oz
Rudd 1lb 4oz
Bream 6lb 5oz

Most of those are eminently beatable, especially with the waters I'm now fishing. What pleased me with the pike and perch is that they were both things I was targeting; the pike I'd driven best part of an hour having got up at silly o'clock, set up in the dark, and caught it before my 2nd bait hit the water. The perch was one of a number that day on the stick float on the Trent, hitting a swim which I thought would hold them. Zander on the other hand, what else would you expect from a screaming run on a bit of pepperami popped up with fake corn?!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I did the perch, bream and pike ones this year and I think they are the most realistic ones to break again next year as the Thames is full of them to decent sizes. Barbel should be easy to better if I get on a river with a decent head of them again.

Roach and Rudd bests have stood for 13 and 11 years respectively so don’t think they are improving anytime soon!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This year was a good one for PBs for me with all of those being caught this year other than the Tench which was about 15 years ago. I also caught my first canal Chub at about 2.5lb which means as much if not more than the Chub I've been catching out of the weir pool as I'd spent years as a kid fishing caster and chopped worm to the far bank in canal matches without getting one.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Suppose the chub is the closest of mine to actual specimen size which is funny really as I’m hopeless at catching decent sized chub.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
As a match angler I don't target specimens - but they're a happy bonus when they come along.

My most recent PB was a 2:8 roach in a bag of chub on the Wye team champs about four years ago
The hardest to beat would be a 3:8 rudd that I had in the 80s
The easiest to beat should be carp - with a best of only 8:10 (I don't fish commercial type waters as per my user name)

The one I enjoyed most was unweighed - catching several low double figure bream in a session on a gravel pit that I used to match fish - where a 4 pounder was big (30 or so years ago). Big bream on a swingtip is a lot of fun.
Unfinished business is to go back there and catch one when I've got scales with me! Last two times I've been, I've blanked.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Not big on PB's myself but, here is a couple and where they came from.

Carp = 24lb 11oz Trent at Besthorpe.
Barbel = 14lb 9oz Trent at Besthorpe
Bream = 9lb 15oz Trent at Girton gravels.
Roach = 2lb 6oz Trent at Crankly point.
Pike = 25lb 11oz Fosdyke canal.
Chub = 6lb 3oz Trent at lady pit farm.
Tench = 7lb 12oz Wintersett reservoir.
Perch = 3lb 14oz Aire & Calder canal.
Grass carp = 9lb 11oz Stillingfleet farm pond.

Thats all I have in my book. Notice the lack of a Zander. Thats still on my bucket list. Going to have to try and get one of those.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
That’s a good idea putting venues, here’s mine with venues added

Carp 17lb 4 oz - Pimlico Farm Fishery
Pike 7lb ish - Thames Medley
Tench 6lb 6 oz - Clattercote Reservoir
Chub 5lb 6 oz - Severn Highley
Barbel 5lb ish - Oakfield Fishery
Bronze Bream 5lb ish - Thames Medley
Ghostie/koi 4lb ish - Milton Pools Fishery
Perch 3lb 2 oz ish - Thames Medley
F1 3lb ish - Glebe Farm Fishery
Brown Trout 2lb 8oz - Itchen Navigation Shawford
Crucian 2lb 4oz - Cobbleacres fishery
Grayling 2lb 2oz - Itchen Navigation Shawford
Roach 2lb 2oz - Pimlico Farm Fishery
Goldfish 2lb ish - Field Farm Fishery
Rainbow trout 1lb 8oz - Lechlade Fishery
Rudd 1lb ish - States Lagoon
Ide 1lb ish - Cobbleacres Fishery
Dace 9oz ish - Severn Highley, Stour Meadowbank, Thames Chertsey
Silver Bream 8oz ish - Thames Medley
Golden Orfe 4oz ish - Milton Pools Fishery
Bleak - Avon Stratford Lido
Gudgeon - Stour Meadowbank
Ruffe - Bure Wroxham

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
not many claiming an eel PB ... IMO a big eel is a HUGE fish.
My best is 3 pounds from the Stratford Canal in an evening match. Back in the 90s there were loads in there (close to where it joins the Avon) and I worked out a simple method for catching them in matches. That evening I won with about 9 pounds of eels.
That fish felt enormous ... getting it in the net was hard enough! I've seen some big eels in aquarium in New Zealand - monster fish!