Personal best broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterbig

I was fishing my new club waters which are superb and i caught a 10lb Leather carp on my carp rod. Now this doesnt sound large i know but it broke my personal best by 3lb and my god did it fight.

What on earth must a 20lb carp be like to land ??

Either that or my scales are wrong but im sure they are ok

Anyway needless to say i was pleased as i also had a 7lb common and three decent bream all in 4 hours fishing, well worth joining the new club.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Depends where you are fishing mate. If your fishing in a 4acre water with good strong line and a snagless bottom, a twenty doesnt really fight, it just powers off and a 6 year old could fight it.

But if your in a jungle swim or a weed infested pool, or somewhere more unfortunate like a trolley ridden canal, the fights are unreal. The feeling of success and relief when its in the net for the first time, or even many times after that, is totally overpowering.

The wild carp i take from my canal really do fight, like nothing you would ever believe. They are so so fast, i struck into one which had taken a dog biscuit a few days ago, before i knew it the carp was 20ft away from where it took the bait, and absolutely motoring towards the far bank, if you get a chance for the wild ones go for it, so much fun.

Last edited:

micklen

Carp really are the wierdest fish for fighting

I had a good session a while ago catching quite a few fish between 2lb and 7lb

The smaller fish fought like crazy and a couple of times I though I was in to good doubles and they were nearer
The 7 pounder came in like a large bream

You can never really tell the size of a carp until it's on the bank

Mick

newies_maggots

my pb carp is 19.11oz from the monument, and fort like a sack of shyte...

ALL the carp i caught in my 94lb bag fort 10 times harder than my 19lb.

Status
Not open for further replies.