Perseids meteor shower

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
For anyone interested tonight and tomorrow, peak time between 2 & 3 am tonight.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Can someone film them on their phone and put on here later please. Cause all we got is big black clouds ?

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Knew this would happen whilst we were still in Cornwall, so promised the lad we would go to the beach to watch it in the early hours. Unfortunately it looks like cloud and rain.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Got everything ready, tripod with power top, camera set up and ready for 10 second exposures, remote batteries checked and then renewed anyway just to be sure.......

Check weather and.....99% cloud coverage between midnight and 0500 :asshole3::asshole3::crybaby2:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well, it's 0326 and i managed to see 2, now the cloud has moved back in :(

Here's hoping it's clear for the Orionids and Leonids as they produce pretty decent showers and some fairly bright meteors

The Draconids, Geminids and Ursids haven't been very good for the past few years sadly bt still worth a look if the sky is clear and there isn't to much light pollution.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Got up looked out couldnt see Jibbly Squat, turned round pulled covers back a Full moon so cuddled up to it ;) ;)

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I had full instruction to wake the lad up if I could see anything. Didn't need an alarm, the rain woke me up at 2am. There's always tonight apparently.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why do these things always happen at night?

Because they're scared of the light!!

Tonight may give a few, the sky is a lot clearer and the full moon was last night to hopefull the fainter ones will be visable...unless you are in a well lit area!

Chervil

Site Supporter

A SUPERMASSIVE black hole has been discovered, with scientists warning the entire universe could one day be swallowed up.
“This one is enormous, so perhaps there are even bigger black holes out there."

I know that @Wise Owl has a strong interest in these, so wonder if he will comment;):whistle::unsure: