Permission to fish

davej1981

Inspired by oldtaff post on getting access to a water i have just made my first line of enquire to contact the owner of 2 lakes i used to fish years ago. I cant find any info on them anywhere online now, they are part of a local estate, so have emailed the parish council. Wish me luck

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Good luck - parish council is a great place to start.

What sort of estate are they part of? Housing estate or stately home type estate ?

davej1981

Good luck - parish council is a great place to start.

What sort of estate are they part of? Housing estate or stately home type estate ?
Stately home with various privately owned outbuildings.A local club used to have rights but that was over 20yrs ago and cant find anything about it online now, not even any contact details for the estate

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Interesting - lakes like that in my experience have huge potential.

As it’s a stately home you could try contacting : Historic Homes ( Join Us ). for ownership details

davej1981

Drawn a blank on this one- no one seems to know who the owners are or who to contact, may have to try taking a walk down there as there is a bridle path through the land. I have manged to get contact details of the owners another estate (now a retirement home) which has a lake i used to fish years ago, ive emailed them tiday so fingers crossed