Perhaps You Are Right Trogg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Sunday September the 1st through to Tuesday 3rd and thoughts on my luck!

Following a great night for me, meeting Archie and Bob Roberts at the PAD stretch, I decided to try and emulate Bob on the night of Sep 1st. and set up on Peg 1, to try and capture my 10lbr!

The night was clear and following a red-hot day, the temperature really plummeted!
The only thing I emulated Bob on (and I didnt even get that right) was that I too got caught up in the trees, thinking my bait was in the water and fished without a chance for the last half of the night, but on the right hand rod.

However, I had time to think and I began to agree with Alan and Andy that the chance meeting with Archie and Bob was a really lucky experience and that following my Macmillans assessment, perhaps my luck was changing.

Little did I know!

The fish absolutely refused to co-operate, but I did sit in wonder at the most glorious dawn

Datafile.jpg
The water was several degrees warmer than the air temperature and a mist spread all over the river, with a red, but not angry looking sky!
Although able to catch roach and perch on the stick, no barbel or chub came to my bait all night!

Packing up after midday on Monday, I departed cheerfully enough and Tuesday saw me returning to Cranes lake at Kegworth, the venue where Mark and I fished and I had my 13lb Mirror, amongst a cracking days fishing.

However, this was a Match day and we started at 9.15 am!

Heres the view from my peg, drawn 1 to the left of Mark.
Datafile.jpg

This is the swim I concentrated on and going for the carp, I fished mainly Cat meat.

Datafile.jpg

On a switch to maggot, I landed after a fierce struggle a gudgeon that was credited to me on the weigh in as 3 ozs!
AND that was it!
No Carp showed whatsoever.
The match was won with 4 Bream for 9lbs, but all on the far side of the lake!
I did have several visitors, and I am relieved to at last find Johns Dun Dragon fly

Datafile.jpg
During the morning, the phone rang and it turned out to be Macmillans, who informed me that I had to be at Northern General, Sheffield by 9.00 am on Friday.

Less than a week after my assessment!
They can move quickly if they want too!
So, that changed all my plans and led me to re-assess my thoughts on being lucky!

Why?
Well I will explain all in the next, Picture intensive post Yep Lucky!

So Sorry Alan! Perhaps you are right!
If not Lucky, Damned Privileged for what was to come!

Cheers

Trev.

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

Edited by - Ziptrev on 06 September 2002 01:57:56 AM

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev

once again some excellent pictures, & yes mate you're right the macmillans are very fast moving.

Oh BTW mate you missed a bit in the title of this thread.

it should read
perhaps you are a right Trogg icon_smile_wink.gif

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

martin.

Account Locked
hi alan
i have to aggree with you sometimes
Perhaps you are a right trogg LOL

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

G

Cracking report Trev, lucky!!!! about time you had some Trev.

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Sure Adam,
In fact I'll E-Mail you the unedited version and you can select what you wish from it.

Cheers

Trev

Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

Status
Not open for further replies.