Perch

Status
Not open for further replies.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Hey all,,
I was wondering what is your best tenique for spinning/Luring Perch.
I have fell in love with using Jigs (plugs) when i found out it was Amazing. on sunday i had my 1st cast with a Jig (zebco Plug) and got out a 4 lb Jakcie, i went for pike and perch today and didnt catch anything today. But i could with some tip of Spinning and Luring...
I have always wanted to catch a perch on a Artificail bait....

Regards Gf
Roll on the replys!!!!!
angel2.gif

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Several suggestions for you.

Double Willow Blade Spinner Baits are great when the water is warm. The ones here are $1.99 each US.

Single Colorado Blade Spinner Bait will work better when the water is cooler and the fish aren't as active. Also $1.99 each on this page.

These Grub/Jig heads are great and even though not shown, you can get them with a fiber weed guard over the hook.

Great grub bodies to use with the heads above.

All these should do well for perch. Pike too.

And if you fish a venue that is horrible with weed in summer, put on a stout braid line (I love PowerPro) and tie on one of These. The body is hollow and easily compressed. The hooks wrap around from the bottom over the tail end and lie right on the body so no weed.

And if you have access to a tape player that will deal with US format video tapes, you will do yourself a huge favor to buy some how-to videos on fishing the various lure types. You can get them for around $10 for a 40 minute tape made by a professional. I have quite a few at home for spinner baits, jigs, and so on. Full page of listings Here. Stick with the ones other than crappie because it's habits are nothing like perch or pike. The largemouth bass tactics should do well though. I am especially fond of those by Bill Dance, Woo Daves, Stacey King, and Kevin VanDam.

Newt Vail

Edited by - Newt on 02 April 2002 03:00:23 AM

Del-J

' Victor '
Hi G/f that man Newts given good advice as usual.icon_smile_approve.gif
All I can add is if you are aiming fo perch cut down on the B/S of your braid I would not go over 10--15lbs. Also don't use to heavy a wire trase.
Newts spot on about Power-Pro. IMHO you can't use better.

DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

martin.

Account Locked
hi
one thing ive tried & had prch to 2lb+
rubber lug worm freelining with just 1 swanshot about about 28ins from hook with a very slowjerk retrieve.

tight lines.
martin.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Martin - that would be a C-rig (Carolina Rig) done UK style. The ultimate finesse presentation with a soft plastic.

Good on ya!!!

Newt Vail

martin.

Account Locked
newt
didnt know what is was called but i spent 2days at a spot i know that
holds perch about 4 yrs ago trying various setups & found this the best.
I have also tried this using a 14.5m pole guiding along the sides of known snags &have won 2 matches this way when ive drawn next to a feature where it seems feessable.with the pole you can lift & drop
with slower & more accurate pressision closer to the features

tight lines.
martin.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Thanx alot for the info Newt and co...
anyways on the canal i gotta talkin to this man who was piking and asked him about spinning for perch and he told me about a tackle shop in leeds sold 3 (perch) spinners for 1:50 and he gave me one which i will keep till the weather gets better.......
ill look into one of those vids Newt

Regards Gf
Roll on the replys!!!!!
angel2.gif

reveal13

Have you ever tried to put a small sleve of flourescent tube on a hook and then bait it with a lobworm or big bunch of maggots? i have found that this works very well and have won a match using this method, i also had a bonus chub on the method too.

anything is worth a try, something smelly also works!!

try some of those flavours that the carp boys use as these can be very effective too,

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.