Perch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TINY

Tiny
Mine was 4lb on the River Sow in Stafford.
I had hooked a tiny Roach of about 1oz and Sergeant Stripey nailed it as I was lifting its poor little body out of the water.Been back to the same place and never managed to get any more Perch over 3.5lb.

Andy.

martin.

Account Locked
2-14 worm over chopped worm & caster on pole, clough bridge, parson drove.
it was part of a 30lb net of perch the smallest was over 1lb

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Mine was around the 2 and a half mark, caught from the river shannon in Ireland on ledgered worm. Boy did it put up a scrap!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mines just over a pound but I saw Stu land a nice 2 lb'er from Niddmouth once
[:)]

Dave

martin.

Account Locked
ive actualy wieghed them in matches on the north level to 3-08
in oct 2001 me & another of our committee were clearing some spaces in reedbeds on the north level when he called me to see a decomposing body of a perch although it was well beyond possible wieghing & we didnt have a tape with us we both agreed that the side profile was roughly the same as a bream of about 3 1/2lb
& we know that looking from sideways a perch would easily outweigh a bream of the same side profile. in our our estimation we put it to have been about the 5lb mark

tight lines.
martin.

Chopper

84lb 6oz River Nile - India [:D][:D]

I wish! wouldn't mind going out there and having a go for one [;)]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

TINY

Tiny
If you read up about Nile Perch Lee,them bloody things are eating the kids as they are bathing in the river[:0].
Makes you wonder what sort of bait you would need doesn`t it[:p]

Andy.

martin.

Account Locked
hi Lee
for them nile perch you could allways try sausage or ive also heard they will take a good old yorkshire Savilleoy probably tipped with chips

tight lines.
martin.

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi,
One of my earliest and most memorable fishing trips was in 1960/61.I was mad keen on fishing but had no tackle.None of my friends fished either. I was taken by my Grandfather, who was a keen club and pleasure angler,to fish the King George 5th Reservoirs in Walthamstow, London.This was pre the big Perch disease fish kill in approx. 1963. We fished 3 inch long roach livebaits about 20 metres from the very steep concrete bank.During the course of the day I caught and landed 10 Perch which were all weighed and returned (my Grandfather was sometimes partial to Perch for his tea!)
Of the 10 fish I caught, the smallest weighed 2.5 lbs. The largest weighed just over 3.5lbs. I have yet to catch one as big.
Happy days.
Cheers.[:D][:D][:D]

joe1987

'Darwener'
God I wish I was around before the big perch plague. My pb is around 2lb and I was sooooo pleased when i caught it. Does anyone think that big perch will become more common like how they were before the plague? Or are they as good now as they were 30-40yrs ago?

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

fishing_mad

my pb 2lb 4oz ,3m whip ,double red maggot ,resivior ,1 inch above depth

Fishing Mad[:)]

Last edited:

koi kid

perch feed all yeah round so u have got the best chance out of the mane pond fish dont forget answer my questions my name is koi kid

w taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.