Pendle view fisheries

Status
Not open for further replies.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Hi, me and joe are going to pendle view fisheries in clitheroe probablt this spring/summer. Just wondering what tactics to use and if it's just carp to go fot theire
cheers
[:(!]The percher[}:)]

GAZZA

just big carp mate,7lbs onwards,is it a match your fishing?,odd tench and bream,but carp are the dominant species,meat or corn will do it ,if not floating double red maggott[;)]

GARY-MELLING

joe1987

'Darwener'
cheers gary. Just pleasure fishing. Heard it's one of the best in the north-west so wanted to give it a try. Also, i don't know if this is true but are there a few moggies in there??

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

timber

built for comfort
hi there,yes there is some cats in pendle view,and well worth catching i hear check out this site www.fisheries.co.uk/pendleview/ good luck let me know how you get on because i plan to fish it myself soon.have fished it many years ago but now it as new owners and i believe they have stocked it with carp but it was a good all round coarse fishery tight lines...dave.

big dave

Dervaig

I can vouch for Pendle View. Its a good fishery whether your after carp or just a silver session. Some good bream and brilliant for perch at the top end near the trout pool.

Dervaig

Jeremy Fisher

Trout pellet paste used to be the best bate by far on this fishery. But that was when it was an allround course fishery, the main lodge now being turned into a specimen lake with the bleeping of bite alarms everywhere. If you want a quiet days fishing I would go here on a week day otherwise you will get micked off with all the noise unless your used to it.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
We were thinking of going on a weekday, because we guessed it would be packed on weekends. Reluctantly i think I'm going to have to buy a bite-alarm as we are going to be nite fishing to, and i don't fancy tip fishing in the pitch black! I will have to give the paste a wirl, how does corn fish on their? I was thinking of hairigging a few pieces of it on one of the rods.

Jeremy Fisher

I've only used flavoured and coloured corn on there and have caught carp and bream. I would guess that the bigger fish 5lb plus will be fairly wary of ordinary corn.
If you go there dont fish at the far end near to the trout lake because it is very shallow here, unless it is a very sunny day and you are floater fishing. I think the best pegs depend on where the wind is blowing to on the day.

Dervaig

Sorry Jeremy can't agree with you there. Yes it is shallow at the top end compared with nearer the dam but the wind often pushes up towards the top end pushing the fish with it. If its sunny you need to be fishing out beyond the 15m line in my experience until the sun starts to go down. But given that its a cloudy day and the conditions are right, fishing the margins can give you some good sport. I'm talking of 3/4 pegs from the top not right at the inflow. So many people at this fishery turn up with rods set up, and within 3 or 4 mins of arriving are casting their chosen set-up to the next planet. Most of them I have seen sit there all day, HOPING. On my last visit I was set up about 3 pegs from the top on the right bank fishing for silvers. A carp lad turned up and went on the next peg up. He threw out half a dozen boilies at about 15 m and just sat there. 10 mins later he threw out half a dozen more. This went on for about an hour without him fishing. Eventually he started to fish and in the next 2 hours (I had to leave then) he must have had 5 or 6 carp, non of which i think were under 5lb.
He knew the water and how to fish it. He was fishing in water no deeper than 4 foot.

Dervaig

Jeremy Fisher

I find that quite suprising but saying that, I have never tried that approach. Its just from my experience of fishing there in the past that this part of the lodge doesn't seem to be that productive because of the shallow depth (im talking the far far end where it is only 1.5 -2 feet deep at the most). But if you saw people catch well in that spot then its obviously well worth a try. My best catches ( waggler and pole) have been from the pendle hill side about 5-10 pegs from the shallow end where often you can still take advantage of the prevailing wind direction and still have a decent depth of water (im only talking 3 - 4 feet). But i think I can forget waggler and pole if there turning it into a specimen lake.

Dervaig

Jeremy, with reference to your comment about making it a specimen lake, are they going to make it a carp only water or are they going to leave the silvers in? I have really enjoyed fishing this water and I think it would be a great shame if it's going to become just another big carp water. [:(][:(][:(]

Dervaig

Jeremy Fisher

I found this out from the owners the last time I fished there in Sept 02. Their plans are to turn the main lake into a carp lake/specimen lake (As there are catfish also) and merge all the old fish farm ponds on the hill at the side into one or two general course or match lakes. They actually gave me a leaflet which from what I can remember stated this also.
I feal the same as you, it will be a great shame if this happens, and I dont fancy fishing on the hill at the side, the wind will be terrible.
But I suppose they might make more money this way.

Jeremy Fisher

Dervaig,
Ive just emailed Lin Davies At Pendle View to sak her about this. She confirmed that they are creating a new pleasure/match lake where I said but that all anglers will have the choice where they want to fish. She didn't say anything about removing the silver fish so overall I think this is good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.