Pencil Pole Floats

robinta

I have a selection of pencil Pole float from DT Floats and Matrix amongst others, that need making up onto new rigs.

Question is, does anyone still use them?

They seem to have gone out of fashion over the years I've been away from fishing, and I don't know if they will offer me much more than the chianti style I have a load of.

( BTW I'm talking about pencil floats for commercials, so 1.2-1.5mm hollow tips, not the old style wire bristle ones)

Any thoughts?

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I used to use the garbo dc23 ones and some nice ones a mate made for me but as you say, the chianti is probably a better/more used pattern.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I used to like them for fishing on the deck, but they just don’t offer enough stability for pellet fishing, that a wire stemmed slim float offers

Nicky Dodds

I use them whenever I can. I have thick tipped ones for choppy weather and heavier wire stems for a little stability. Like fishing a stick float with a bristle.

Ben Field

I use them a lot. Love them. Most of mine are wire stems. Plenty of Garbolino with thicker tips and Perfect models with finer tips.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
As with all tackle - if it caught fish then it will catch fish today. Use floats that you trust and enjoy using. Don't worry about trends and what others think. I don't.