pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruddy Roach

when using trout/halibut pellets (hair rigged) do you have to prepare them in any way or just use them as they are? do you have to use one of those pumps???

thanks,

Andy

ruddyroach.jpg

politis

I havent used them but from what I`ve read i think they are quite hard so you would be best using a bait drill if you want to hair rig them.

Regards

Robin

Lid

The pumps are specifically for pellets labelled as expander pellets.

Lid [:)]

MALC

As Politis has said Standard Trout Pellets and Halibut Pellets are a hard pellet and require either drilling for hair rigging or tying on to the hair.

Other than that no preparation is needed prior to casting them out.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Hi Ruddyroach, The other way to "hook" 'em without drilling and messing about is to use 'em with a bait band, which is a small elastic band that goes on your hook and then the band is stretched over the hard pellet, sitting the pellet on the shank of your hook.

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

TINY

Tiny
Bang on the button Dave,and as for bait pumps....they are for the use of any bait that floats and you wish to make them sink,or add a flavour to them rapidly without the need of soaking.[:D][;)]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

Sundowner

They are usually petty good as they are but foer a change try glugging them in sardine oil and ground black pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.