Pellets/Pellet Waggler - Bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulHarrison999

Hi guys,

what sort of pellets should i use for the pellet waggler
im thinking of using low oil pellets, which are the best to buy or if not where can i buy the low oil carp pellets in bulk.

Many Thanks
Paul

Last edited:

sladey

i heard halibut are bad for carp, cant be too sure on that as i dont know where i heard it from though........the sensas ones take some whacking imo for what you are looking for, do them in 6mm aswell which is a good size for short waggler work.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
Ive used GJW Titmuss for bulk bait before by mail order. Just type it in google and they'll come up.

They do Skretting coarse pellets, low oil.

Thom

Originally posted by sladey

i heard halibut are bad for carp, cant be too sure on that as i dont know where i heard it from though........the sensas ones take some whacking imo for what you are looking for, do them in 6mm aswell which is a good size for short waggler work.

thought it was trout pellets that are bad for coarse fish?

mangrojack

trout pellets are bad yes.

i just use the 6mm carp pellets we feed our carp on at work. coppens they are called smell good, good for the fish and i have a constant supply lol

Scott 42

Agree with tigerbay. Skretting coarse pellets are better for pellet waggler. Avoid halibut pellets etc as they sink a lot quicker than the low oil stuff.

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Buy Skrettings coarse pellets in 25 kilos sacks, you want 6 & 8mm.

This is the link you want

http://www.gjwtitmussshop.co.uk/acatalog/CARP_PELLETS.html

High oil pellets like trout or halibut are usesless sinking too fast.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
IS it possible to fish more than one pellet on the hook when using the pellet waggler?

Ive had my hook straightened a couple of times where im going to fish and the Carp love pellets, so i was going to go for a slightly larger stronger hook but a 6mm wouldnt present well, 2 would be perfect though.

Let me know if this is a bad idea.

davyr

I can recommend this site, too - no delivery charges and fast service:

http://www.carpfishingpellets.co.uk/

PaulHarrison999

ive been to that site and they wont be getting the 6mm ones in for about a month because theres been a high demand for them recently :(

cheers anyway

Scott 42

Adymon

i'm not sure i understand the reasoning about your question above with regard to 6mm pellets and presentation.
When pellet waggler fishing i hair rig a pellet band to my hook, so it doesn't usually matter if i'm using a 4,6 or 8mm pellet.
As for your hook straightening, try a heavier guage hook, something like a size 14 drennan barbless carp, drennan barbless feeder or a kamasan B911.
To get 2 pellets ON your hook you would need to be using soft hook pellets which can have a tendency to fly off on the cast. Otherwise you would need to use 2 pellet bands. Also i can't see the benefit of 2 pellets as the fish don't hang around eyeing up your hook bait when pellet waggler fishing, the bites are pretty instant if you get your feeding right.

strat2

trout, marine, halibut are all bad for carp as they are all high oil! but trouts are worse as they break down slower than halibuts and the fish gorge themselves and cant feed till they digest meaning a poorly nutriotion fish

Status
Not open for further replies.