Pellets, how do you prepare yours.

GeeTee

I'm fishing my local commercial.

I currently feed a mix of 2 and 4mm pellets and fish a variety of hook baits over.

At the minute i soak them in water for a few minutes. Tip it out and off we go. they make a lovely cloud when i tip them in. If it's hard i put a bit of scope in and go again after about an hour.

However I've seen that you can prep them by adding sunflower oil or bait oil. Perhaps I could just use the scopes.

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to just using oil. I tend to think at this time of year I want the fish on the bottom and I am catching in the bottom mores now its turning colder.

Im currently using the sonubaits fin perfect feed ones.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I have never heard of oiling feed pellets. Not something I would recommend as too much oil is bad for coarse fish.

Plain or flavoured water is fine.

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
A very small amount of oil in a tube of pellets helps the pellet to sink and don't break down as fast when on the bottom ? Good in summer but I don't use oiled pellets in winter ,but that's just me .

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
i'd probably oil them for the pellet waggler to flatten off the surface, but i don't fish pole so no idea if it's useful for that short a range :unsure: